DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenne Bell located in LA says you send them your computer and they will rewrite the software in it. They said it will give you 10 more ponies for about $350.00. Their phone # is (909) 941-1375. Also I checked with Paxton Automotive because they have a supercharger for the prowler 3.5L engine. They told me if anyone could install one, it would be Climax Area 51, also in LA. They do that sort of thing. Talked to John at Area 51 (949) 472 6320 or (805) 278-3841. He says he is pretty sure he can do it, no problem. He said that the headers will not fit though. Price Tag, about $5,400.00 for the super charger and about $1,400.00 to install it. He is going to put a prowler with a supercharger and an Intrepid side by side and compare the two. So we will see. He will call me early next week. Still working on the nitro, trying to find a real kit for the Intrepid and not an universal one.

Almost forgot. Talked to David , one of the marketing people, at Ice-man (they make cold air intakes) his phone # is (909) 875-1600. He is going to check this site out and other Intrepid sites out to see if there is a real market for this application. It takes about $20k to set up molds and tools to produce these so he has to justify it. I am currently talking to other peole also.

I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Thanks Bobby! We all look forward to what you'll find! Look forward to meeting you at a CALIFORNIA meet soon. Theirs an all CHRYSLER SHOW in April of 2002. Im sure all the MOPAR heads would love to see your TREP...I know I would. Keep us updated and niec job on that R/T! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If everyone keeps finding these types of companies and posting there numbers, and everyone keeps calling them, they will know there is a market for the Intrepids. That looks like the only way we can get them to start making performance parts.

But that's just my opinion :D

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I would love to get that supercharger, but I don't exactly have that much cash on hand (at the moment). :)

How many ponies would that supercharger add anyways?

I agree with Bobby that it's going to take work on our part by calling the companies and letting them know that there is an interest in performance parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is what paxton claims

the headers come with the kit but will probably not fit. Don't know for sure yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Prowler has the same tranny as the Intrepids and it hold out fine.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Didn't see any headers in that photo, and I'm sure they don't fit anyway. Your SC guy is probably gonna give you bad news, unless you get the "we'll see if we can make one to fit" story. There have been quite a few folks asking and the answer has always been NO, it can't possibly fit in our engine compartment. So far no one has decided to give up the cash and actually try to get a shop to press-fit one under the hood. If you have the cash and you're serious, let them have at it. Otherwise they are just gonna blow all of us off as question askers that eat up their time.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yes, if someone has the $$$ to blow then new headers will not be a problem. with a bit of work it will fit forsure.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
**** with that kind of performance you could prob get the car into the high 12s. low 13s. Cuase a GTP only has 280 ft/lbs. and can run the quarter in 14 right?

[ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: blkbute ]

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The Prowler does not have the same tranny it is rear wheel drive car. I should know i use work for Roseville Chrysler. I drove 2 of the Prowlers we had a silver and black and sliver one. Nice cars but not that much faster than the R/T`s in the 1/4 mile. And they top out at about 136 mph our R/T`s are top out around 145mph or so.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If yer gonna spend 6K+ on the system...just cut the hood and put a nice looking scoop on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To Spook R/T
The Intrepid Does have the same tranny as the prowler just a different output. Ask Dodge for yourself.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
The Prowler does share the same transmission as the LH cars. It is just located at the rear of the car so the Prowler can have the ability of RWD.

·
Read Only
118 Posts
Bobby- Have you heard anything out of Area 51 yet? I've been following this thread with MUCH anticipation...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not yet But I to am getting realy anxious. I am really considering doing this. I have the money that is not the issue. The issue is what else I will have to do to make it work. Like computer, sensors, things like that.

BTW how do you disconnect the rev limiter. I talked to dodge and they said if I disconnect it it will mess up all my readings.
I also found out the new R/T will do about 145 mph but is governed down to 112 mph befor it starts shutting down. Does the software rewrite take care of this problem? I don't know but I intend to find out.

·
Registered
558 Posts
BOBBY

DOES IT GO 145 OR 112? CAN'T FIGURE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. LET ME KNOW. THANKS

DANNY
CPAITALCITY R/T
01 BLK R/T
HOPE IT GOES 145. SURE BE GOOD TO BEAT A PROWLER

1 - 20 of 27 Posts