DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for mods to get better gas mileage what proven ideas not hho or magnets real life options that do work are there

·
Registered
723 Posts
Basically.
Bicycle maybe?
Seriously though, gas is gonna get worse before it gets better (doutbful).
Slowing down, driving less, driving more sensibly (you think you got a hot rod and wanna show off, by all means, go for it).
You will pay some how some way.
There just is no "easy fix".

·
Registered
112 Posts
keep up on your maintence, clean fuel system, intake manifolds... make sure everything works... and... slow down drive less. (thats what i did)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i know the slow down and drive less duh im looking 4 real mods like exhaust cai every thing to squeeze that extra mile in to a gallon of gas special plugs or wires that sort of thing

·
Registered
723 Posts
ok i know the slow down and drive less duh im looking 4 real mods like exhaust cai every thing to squeeze that extra mile in to a gallon of gas special plugs or wires that sort of thing
Sounds like a fairly good plan, but take into consideration the cost of all you mention.
How long will it take to pay for all that at 2-3 mpg gain ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol it not only that but to mod my car also looking a dual magna flows on the exhaust like the way they sound

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Bicycle maybe?
Seriously though, gas is gonna get worse before it gets better (doutbful).
Slowing down, driving less, driving more sensibly (you think you got a hot rod and wanna show off, by all means, go for it).
You will pay some how some way.
There just is no "easy fix".
Drive my T-Bird for a day. 6 mpg on a good day. Premium fuel. It blows even to go get some ice cream with the woman.

·
Registered
193 Posts
In my oppinion the only good and fairly cheap mod to get some extra mpg is the autostick (if you use it right). From my experience the Intrepid has a very shitty automatic transmission. If you stop and go a lot in town the autostick helps a lot since you can shift a lot early and keep the rpms easly 2k lower then the standart automatic
(my 2.7 does that anyway. on a regular light the automatic revs all the way up to like 5k untill it shifts into second... with the autostick you can shift at 2.5k or earlier... you wont start like a rocket [lol, like the 2.7 would do that anyway] but you save a lot of gas).

Euro

·
Registered
104 Posts
Engine oil at level correct.
PCV change every oil change
Check for leaks in the vaccum lines
T-stat in good condition with proper level of coolant
You get more fuel saving if you have the full tank and refill if you are in 1/4
Remove injectors and clean with ultrasound.
Tires with the max of psi

The more important is.. your foot !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts