DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering where I could go to optimize the perforamance of my 2002 Intrepid. It runs great now on mid-grade gas and keeps up with traffic w/o a problem. Does anyone know where I could find the resistor that you can stick on your intake air temp sensor so that it gives a fake signal to the PCM? Also where can I find a K & N filter w/o having to order it and waiting for a week? I have searched everywhere from Pep Boys to Autozone and they all don't have it in stock. Thanks in advance for you help.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
20Intrepid02 said:
Hi, I was wondering where I could go to optimize the perforamance of my 2002 Intrepid. It runs great now on mid-grade gas and keeps up with traffic w/o a problem. Does anyone know where I could find the resistor that you can stick on your intake air temp sensor so that it gives a fake signal to the PCM? Also where can I find a K & N filter w/o having to order it and waiting for a week? I have searched everywhere from Pep Boys to Autozone and they all don't have it in stock. Thanks in advance for you help.
Those resistors on ebay... are crap. They DO NOT add horsepower or help the car in anyway shape or form. Hell they actually hurt the car's performance.
Getting a K&N filter without having to order it? If a local performance shop or auto parts store doesn't carry it near you... then you will have to order it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
DO NOT USE A RESISTOR CHIP.. They are crap. i used one and my check engine light stayed on. Wouldnt shut off. SO i had to take the resistor out and put the factory harness back.. Light went off the next day. They are crap resistors

·
Registered
207 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts