DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I've got moisture in my corner lights, how do i get that out, I've also noticed i've got it on my back up light. Is there a way i can get rid of that or reduce it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got the same problem with my driver side one. I've dried it out and sealed the seam with "Goop" and it still gets in. I must have a slight crack in the lens. I thought maybe a silicone spray might seal a hairline crack, if you let the liquid dry on the inside of the lens. But I haven't really tried it yet. :eggface:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had some moisture in a rear tail light that stayed for a few weeks. I finally drilled 3 very small holes in the bottom of the lenses and after a day or so the moisture was gone. Haven't had a problem since. I think I used a 3/32-inch bit.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I agree, Drill the small holes and it will be gone.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Thats what I did just drilled a hole in the bottom and before the day was over all the moister was gone as hasen't been back since. I did it almost two years ago.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They have a vent hole in them already don't they?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry for ressurecting an old thread, I tried using vent holes and that really didn't do anything, I drilled the holes in July and it hasn't made a single difference, I took them in dried them and went over all the seals with silicone caulk covering up the vent holes as well and the moisture still came back, does anyone have an actual fix?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont know about the corner lights, but the headlights brand newones i got moisture in them and i just pulled it off let it set for about 2 hours and got it all dryed out in there then i blew in the hole where the light gose and listend for air comming out found the leak and sealed it up... good luck mate!

- X

·
Registered
532 Posts
I took my corner lights off, dried them out and sealed them w/ Rectorseal PVC cement. Stuff smells like hell. Use in good ventilation.
Each light has a small hole in the bottom. I plugged the holes w/ small stainless screws. I think this has helped.

I still have some moisture in one light. I think its from not drying out completely. Will have to take it off again and use a hair dryer.

I've been lucky w/ the headlights, aside from the the fogging and crappy brackets, in that they don't have any moisture problems.

-GB49

Reactions: Brownsound

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll give it a try when the foggy weather clears up around here, it hasn't been cold enough for snow so it's really pretty humid up here. Thanks a lot you guys.

H

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem in the passenger side light for awhile. Then I got smashed in to in a parking lot. The body shop replaced the light and the new one hasn't had a problem. I know, seems like a drastic way to fix it but it worked for me. :Llol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts