DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this problem sometimes on cool, damp mornings: My signal lights don't work until I've driven the car for at least 5 minutes, and when I first get them to work, I can't have the steering wheel tilted or they wont work again.

A lot of websites say this is a common problem, but none of them tell you how to fix it? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do they work if you hold the arm in position? Sounds like a problem with the turn signal cam switch, located behind the steering wheel. Could be a little gummed up with something. Shooting a little electronics cleaner back there should not do any harm. Might fix it.

Can you throw your hazards on when this problem occurs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Moisture in lights

I had the same problem while it was still under warranty and they replaced the headlights and tail lights. That was about 7 years ago and I've had the problem back for at least the last 4 years.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I'd say it a problem the the Multi-Function Switch. ( thats the turn signal/wiper switch)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I had a problem with the multi-function swtich in my old 94. You'd turn left and they woudln't cancel out, then the right turn signal would cut the wipers off if you were using them. $5.00 junkyard part later and it worked great.

·
Registered
168 Posts
multi function switches die all the time, i just replaced the one in my uncles 96 cavalier, its the third one so far. 65 bucks a pop brand new, he goes through them, wears them out

lights all work again like new, jut like it should, again

common issues with these switches

not just GM of course

electrical contacts wear out,

i vote for that before anything else unless theres obvious corrosion on bulb sockets or something

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts