DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a new owner of a silver '03 Intrepid SE model. Traded the PT in because the A-arm was defective twice in 10,000 miles along with other annoyances in quality. I got the Intrepid with 13,000 miles. Anyway... on to my question-

I do not have a moon (or sun, whichever) roof in my car. I had it on my PT and really miss it. Somebody told me that some company installs these aftermarket. Does anyone here have any experience with this? If so what kind of prices am I looking at? Is it even really worth it?

Thanks. I'll be hanging around here for awhile. I'm seeing alot of nice rides!!:D

·
Registered
462 Posts
Be carefull with aftermarket roofs. If your car did not come with a sun roof, you will have a hard time with one that will not LEAK. I had one installed last year and have had it replaced already and it still leaks when it rains for a long period of time. just a word from the wise and humble.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
i had an aftermarket power moonroof installed in my previous 1998 Intrepid ES.

I personally would not recommend it, or ever do it again.

Though, I never had any leaks, I am positive that it I had kept the car for any length of time, it was bound to happen eventually.

The roof on a car without a sunroof, is not designed to have a sunroof added by cutting a hole. The hot and cold weather of the chicago area caused the metal of the roof to expand and contract over time, causing it not to sit flush with the sunroof after less than a year. It really bothered me, and was part of the reason I got rid of that Intrepid.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I have been told. What company actually installs the roofs for Chrysler?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I guess that answers that question! Not gonna happen!
Thanks. This is what I was thinking myself. I never here anything positive about aftermarket installed units.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Since nobody addressed this (not that it needs to be, mind you) a moonroof is one that you can look through without having to retract it, and a sunroof is basically the same as the roof of your car. The only way you can look through it is by retracting it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts