DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I worked out a deal with my parts guy for me to get an Mopar iPod kit for the Rb1 at a Fantastic Price.

Here is what came in the kit!

After I Installed it!

Here is a picture of the Ipod, It even CHARGES IT!

Here is a picture of the Rb1

I also finally finished my Trunk. It was a Carlisle mod and 98 precent done when I was involved in the accident. Here is a picture of the finished trunk. Pictures will wait until I "unveil" it at the 300m meet next week though.

--Gorm

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Thats awesome that somebody finally tried it out. I've been wondering how it would work. The burning question is, can you still use sirius and a cd changer? From what I've read you can but I don't thing anybody has ever confirmed it with the RB1.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Jason..........does the CD changer still work? Jeeze that's pretty cool, but I was always afraid I'd lose my changer :(

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Avenger said:
Jason..........does the CD changer still work? Jeeze that's pretty cool, but I was always afraid I'd lose my changer :(
According to mopar's info, the CD changer will definitely still work. Thats what makes it unique over the aftermarket kits. They trick your radio into thinking the ipod is a cd changer. This unit actually makes the radio recognize them as 2 different sources. The only thing I couldn't get a definite answer on was whether you can have the ipod, sirius, and the changer but all indications say that is a yes too.

Andrei, the kits are around $150 from what I've seen but you can probably get them cheaper.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
JLWX5 said:
I'm not too keen on all the RB's and that sort of thing, but does your 6 disc DVD changer actually put the DVD video on the RB1 screen? That would be something I might be interested in.

Josiah
There IS a company that modifies RB1's so they can play regular movie DVD's as well as the map disc........but it's EXPENSIVE (not worth it it's so expensive). He uses the DVD changer for his roof mounted screen that came out of a Caravan ;)

How much Jason? PM me!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
According to mopar's info, the CD changer will definitely still work. Thats what makes it unique over the aftermarket kits. They trick your radio into thinking the ipod is a cd changer. This unit actually makes the radio recognize them as 2 different sources. The only thing I couldn't get a definite answer on was whether you can have the ipod, sirius, and the changer but all indications say that is a yes too.

Andrei, the kits are around $150 from what I've seen but you can probably get them cheaper.
LOL, thanks, now i think that the 6-disk changer will do...

·
Registered
141 Posts
how is the ipod controlled with the mopar adapter? can I browse my ipod directly and it'll pipe the music/info through the system, do I have to fit everything into a few playlists that the rb1 sees as a changer, or is it just up and down track controls? I'm curious cause I just bought the rb1 and I miss using my ipod now (fm transmitters suck in my area).

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Isn't this the only thing that works with the NAV radios?

It's my understanding that there are no aftermarket aux input / ipod adapters for the RB1, RB4 or RBQ radios?

If this is NOT the case, let me know, all I want is aux input and 150 seems just a bit steep! Oh, I have the RBQ in dash 6 disc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
PIE makes several types of aux inputs for them. they all depend on having changer controls, but you can get a single or 3-way aux adapter from them, as well as a couple different ipod interfaces. PIE

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Note to others doing this Mod...it may be a little better for everything to find a better location for the Ipod.

One good slam of the glove box door can throw your Ipod into Sad Mac Icon land, as happened to my Ipod. Luckly I was able to repair it...but its not a pretty sight.

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
what about the center console??? maybe an ipod holder?

Im going to attempt the same mod, i just got the ipod 60gb from the states so i want to try it when my rb1 arrives..

Gorm, does ur dvd player play mp3s as well? Im guessing with no titles on the rb1 tho.

Thats soo many things tho,
- sirius
- ipod
- changer (mp3,video)
- basic features(cd,radio)

BTW I was talking to Shaun about a guy who used to sell the DIY rb1 video kits which sounds really cool but the screen is wayy too small. A rear unit would be nicer but even then its too much. I like my dads van for now HEHE....

Great work tho Gorm, awesome little setup.. BTW i noticed the dirt but its the camera settings, my car always comes out dirty and i always keep it clean.

·
Banned
972 Posts
I had contacted every source I could find to get confirmation that the ipod kit would work in a pre-2001 car using the old style to new style adapter on an RB1. Nobody would confirm compatibilty. Finally, somebody did it! You have a 99 right Jason? Which means you would have the same setup as me with a 2000, so that is confirmation enough for me. I'm ordering it! Thanks dude.

I realize I found this thread a little late..but hey, I still found it right? ;)

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gigamight said:
I had contacted every source I could find to get confirmation that the ipod kit would work in a pre-2001 car using the old style to new style adapter on an RB1. Nobody would confirm compatibilty. Finally, somebody did it! You have a 99 right Jason? Which means you would have the same setup as me with a 2000, so that is confirmation enough for me. I'm ordering it! Thanks dude.

I realize I found this thread a little late..but hey, I still found it right? ;)

Hey, if you need an extension harness (They make mention of it in the diagram) I have an extra I'm trying to sell. I had to use one, but ended up having an extra one in all my parts.

--Gorm

·
Banned
972 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday :gross_11:

Can't wait to install it, they said it's backordered though :crying5:

We'll see what kind of setup I end up with, if I end up needing that cable I will send you a PM if you still have it.

Thanks Gorm.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts