21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Gigamight said:
I ordered mine yesterday :gross_11:

Can't wait to install it, they said it's backordered though :crying5:

We'll see what kind of setup I end up with, if I end up needing that cable I will send you a PM if you still have it.

Thanks Gorm.
Yah, its just sitting around right now. LOL

--Gorm

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
wait how is this wired because doesnt your 6disc changer fit into that little connector that is on the rb1 (i just hooked mine up today with the additional harness needed for a 2000 intrepid)...what i mean is that there is only one space for a changer so how would you hook both this and 6disc cd changer if they both act as changers?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
Next Mod: Put some decent music on your iPod
LMFAO :grinno:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
thanks for the neitive rep, whoever.

·
Banned
972 Posts
interpretblurple said:
wait how is this wired because doesnt your 6disc changer fit into that little connector that is on the rb1 (i just hooked mine up today with the additional harness needed for a 2000 intrepid)...what i mean is that there is only one space for a changer so how would you hook both this and 6disc cd changer if they both act as changers?
You can use both the changer and the ipod kit because your changer will plug into the IIK (I am creating a new acronym for the - Ipod Integration Kit - ;) ) so the the unit will swap between the two devices. The radio will see both of them.

I am working on a pretty cool location for the cable, I'll get some pics up as soon as it's done.

Just so everyone knows, this thing it just so friggin cool, I don't know how I lived without it so long. Thank you Gorm for being the first to test it out.

·
Banned
972 Posts
SHAUN said:
how may GB does the Mapar Ipod hold?
It's just an adapter of sorts, like the old tape you put in your cassette player with a wire coming out of it that you connected to your cd player. Except this gives you complete functionality of your ipod through your factory radio. You can browse playlists, select and play without touching your ipod.

Plus, your ipod will say "DODGE" when you plug it in :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
well if thats the case what cd changer wiring kit do i need becaue i have the single disc dvd player p/n p05082005AB and i have an rb1...so which cable do i need becuase i know i needed a special one to hook the rb1 up to the single disc dvd player...a part number would be even better lol

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Gigamight said:
It's just an adapter of sorts, like the old tape you put in your cassette player with a wire coming out of it that you connected to your cd player. Except this gives you complete functionality of your ipod through your factory radio. You can browse playlists, select and play without touching your ipod.

Plus, your ipod will say "DODGE" when you plug it in :)
im new with this iPOD thing, i thought ipods come with different storage levels. basically how many songs can this ipod hold...i thought they were rated in Gigabytes. i could be wrong...

·
Registered
141 Posts
This accessory is giving you a dock connector to plug the ipod you own in and control it through the head unit. The ipod will throw up the dodge logo (or chrysler I'm assuming if you have it in a 300m or such) on the screen like when it has the do not disconnect graphic up while you're syncing with your computer

·
Banned
972 Posts
interpretblurple said:
well if thats the case what cd changer wiring kit do i need becaue i have the single disc dvd player p/n p05082005AB and i have an rb1...so which cable do i need becuase i know i needed a special one to hook the rb1 up to the single disc dvd player...a part number would be even better lol
I don't have my DVD player in yet, so I don't know about what type of connector is needed, but I can tell you this: The connector that would plug into your RB1 will now connect to your IIK, so the connector style is exactly the same, now whether or not it will read everything exactly the same as a regular CD changer, I don't know for certain because I don't have experience with this yet, but I have to assume that it will be exactly the same, because it's just like a traffic cop for the changer, holding it back and then letting it go through.

·
Banned
972 Posts
SHAUN said:
i get it now. i thoght this Ipod was some exclusive to chrysler, but its the connectors Mopar has created that is used in conjunction with any Ipod. hope i got that right.

That is correct Shaun, sorry if I didn't explain that clearly. It is just an adapter of sorts, albeit an awesome adapter. :gross_11: bravo Mopar!

·
Banned
972 Posts
sripvw said:
does mopar make a usb2 adaptor so you can use other than ipod and their sad digital rules??
Not sure about that yet, there is another connector on there, but I don't know what it is for yet. I haven't read the entire manual yet ;) I'll see if it says anything in there about it. But I have to assume, no, only ipod will work with it, since the kit is called Ipod Integration Kit.

·
Banned
972 Posts
Gorm!

Why am I taking over your thread?

I'm not trying to steal your thunder here. You were the first one to try this...you are more than welcome to answer the nice people's questions.....Gorm..................Gorm?

*Jeff sees Jason sneaking away on tiptoe*

21 - 40 of 86 Posts