DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
isnt it true that you can only put songs from i-tunes on the ipod or can you also put mp3's,wma's etc from other sources on the ipod? do i hear limewire.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
LOL

Nah, your not stealing anything form me....at least not yet. ;)

This is a very information rich thread so far....:D

--Gorm

·
Banned
972 Posts
sripvw said:
isnt it true that you can only put songs from i-tunes on the ipod or can you also put mp3's,wma's etc from other sources on the ipod? do i hear limewire.
Mp3s, yes. WMAs, don't know, never tried.

Limewire! Yeah, stickin it to the RIAA man, lol.
Has anyone here heard about Limewire's lawsuit against the RIAA? Awesome!

·
Banned
972 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
No they don't. The only one they make is for the ipod.
Just found out that's not exactly true. There is 2 connectors that come out of the harness, 1 for an ipod and 1 that looks like a headphone connection. That second one is so that you can play other devices, *BUT* , the radio will not control any device except for ipod, any other device will simpy play through the system.

The big question is where do you get the adapter for using some other device? It doesn't come with the IIK.

·
Banned
972 Posts
Ok, I almost have my install completed. Just thought I might give everyone a heads up on my idea for the location of the plug.

Here's a hint....

Wait for it......

ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I had an extra one of the 2001 LHS center consoles sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, but I never did it because I really didn't have any use for another power outlet. Then I had this idea. I took out the outlet, gutted it, cut the end off, and then cut the outlet sleeve like this

so that I could bend the sleeve around the ipod connector so that it wouldn't move when I plug it in and unplug it.

Next I will mount the ipod itself to the lid using a shallow custom made ipod holder that I made from an aftermarket ipod kit. I'll show you guys that once it's completed.

·
Banned
972 Posts
interpretblurple said:
you sonofabitch...i did the exact same thing...except i removed the the little black cover to the cig light...and didnt cut it like that...just used a pair of needle nose pliers and spread it open....lol

I figured someone else would have a similar idea, lol. I mean, it's a no-brainer right? You have an outlet right there that almost never gets used, and you need a place to put a connector....it all adds up.

Now I just need to find an apple sticker the right size to cover up "power outlet" on the little door.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wow...great idea. :D

Although I'm not sure I would want to loose the place I charge my cell phone. Other than that, thats very creative.

--Gorm

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
This is a sweet mod.
I cant tell where you put it the Ipod connector, but I have an SE with no center consel. Is that why? I ordered a Kenwwod HU with a Kenwood Ipod interface. I is supposed to work the same I think. I was planning on just throwing it in the Glove box. hmmmmm.....
One question though. If you have an IPOD, then why would you still want to hook up the old C/D changer like mentioned earlier?

·
Banned
972 Posts
Dudley said:
This is a sweet mod.
I cant tell where you put it the Ipod connector, but I have an SE with no center consel. Is that why? I ordered a Kenwwod HU with a Kenwood Ipod interface. I is supposed to work the same I think. I was planning on just throwing it in the Glove box. hmmmmm.....
One question though. If you have an IPOD, then why would you still want to hook up the old C/D changer like mentioned earlier?

Yes, that outlet is in the center console. There were power outlets in the storage bin area in some of the LHS/300ms in 2001, so you wouldn't have that in your SE.

As for the glove box, Gorm said that he put his there, but you need to be careful when shuttng your gove box, you don't want to damage your ipod with excessive jolting.

As for having the ipod and also the CD changer...why not? I can't stand having a storage bin under the radio, not when I know that there COULD be a CD changer.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Gigamight said:
As for the glove box, Gorm said that he put his there, but you need to be careful when shuttng your gove box, you don't want to damage your ipod with excessive jolting.

As for having the ipod and also the CD changer...why not? I can't stand having a storage bin under the radio, not when I know that there COULD be a CD changer.
The storage bin underneath the HU is where my Ipod might go! Thanks for the idea!!:icon_cool

·
Banned
972 Posts
Dudley said:
The storage bin underneath the HU is where my Ipod might go! Thanks for the idea!!:icon_cool
There you go, that's the idea. As we share our ideas we spark new ones for others. That's what I like to see. Good luck Dudley.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I got an ipod, and I wanna get this kit, but before I fork out $150, can one of you guys tell me how it is controlled? Do you need to make playlists, or will it just go through the songs when i push the seek button?

·
Registered
58 Posts
holy ****, when i read the song title on the first page i was LISTENING TO THAT SONG!!, he was actually singing everybodys working for the weekend as i read it, how sad it that

·
Banned
972 Posts
Sux said:
holy ****, when i read the song title on the first page i was LISTENING TO THAT SONG!!, he was actually singing everybodys working for the weekend as i read it, how sad it that
Sadder than you know, lol.

·
Banned
972 Posts
Badasstrep said:
I got an ipod, and I wanna get this kit, but before I fork out $150, can one of you guys tell me how it is controlled? Do you need to make playlists, or will it just go through the songs when i push the seek button?
Sorry dude, I missed you post until now.

When you get the kit it will have an instruction book which will give you all the hotkeys on you radio to control the ipod. You will be able to browse playlists, select playlists, play all songs, fast forward, skip songs, go up and down in a playlist. Basically all the functions thatyou have on your ipod will be controlled by buttons on your head unit.

The only thing I have found as a problem so far has been the ipod "pausing" when I shut off the car. That's what it is supposed to do, but I have found it beginning to play the first song on a playlist when I go in at night and when I start the car in the morning it's on song 103 in the playlist. I don't know if this is a glitch or what. It doesn't bug me too much, but if I were listening to an audiobook I might get frustrated.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
OK, well just to let everyone know..........I tried my iPod Touch in my Intrepid tonight, and it works great. Just letting you guys know that the Touch is compatible with the Mopar iPod adapter :)

41 - 60 of 86 Posts