DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
OK, well just to let everyone know..........I tried my iPod Touch in my Intrepid tonight, and it works great. Just letting you guys know that the Touch is compatible with the Mopar iPod adapter :)
do you have pics of its mounting location. i'd like to see it if its mounted anywhere.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
do you have pics of its mounting location. i'd like to see it if its mounted anywhere.
It's in the glove box. I control the thing from the radio, I never have to touch the iPod Touch (how ironic) ;)

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Holy old thread batman!

I have a completely different set up with the reader than I did when I first put it in...lol...the pics are now gone also i see.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
It's in the glove box. I control the thing from the radio, I never have to touch the iPod Touch (how ironic) ;)
lol, thanks.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
There are 2 part numbers.......one for the one for use WITH the CD changer (the one I got), and one for use WITHOUT the CD changer.

This part number seems pretty damn familiar......I THINK it's for the one to use WITH the in dash CD changer: Part Number 82209616AC

$165 + shipping here......$15 more than I paid from the same seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-MOPAR-IPOD-INTEGRATION-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38655QQihZ020QQitemZ300160050745QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

.....and it DOES work with the iPod video........they just say it doesn't for some strange reason.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
They're full of **** when it comes to not working with the iPod video.......they heard of a couple cases of video's locking up.......so they just say it doesn't work. Other sellers sell the exact same unit and say it DOES work with the video.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I don't have a pic, but I can tell you what's in the box:

Cable from your iPod adapter box to your CD Changer
iPod adapter box
iPod cable with aux input jack splitter (so you can plug a non apple iPod in as well)
Velcro
Zip Ties
Instructions

I think that was about it. The box I mounted behind my dashboard bezel between the top of my RB1 and the vents above. I got it in there......though it was a tight fit. Didn't use any zip ties or velcro.

You plug your CD changer cable into the box, then the included cable from the box into your CD changer, and route the iPod wire to the glove box (you need to drill a 7/8" hole in the back of the glove box and route the wire through. The gasket didn't work well at all for me, so I gave up on it.

Rob

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
thanks Rob, I'll probably order it soon...I don't know the price at the dealer, but after shipping, i would assume it would be pretty close to the Ebay price, so I might just call the local mopar dealer, and get it from them.
thanks Again!
Andrei

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
It was about $210 US + 14% taxes from my stealership here.......but I bet it'd be cheaper at a US stealer!

·
Banned
972 Posts
I didn't bother to read some of the past posts, and I don't remember if this was covered, but the ipod integration kit has a tendency to not recognize the ipod occasionally. This is not normal, if your kit does this, remove the module and take it to the dealership where you bought it, it will be replaced. I imagine that there may be other issues as well, and if you experience any such flaws, be assured they are still working on it, and they honor the Mopar warranty as usual, and they will take care of you.

P.S. Hi everybody.....I'm back ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I didn't bother to read some of the past posts, and I don't remember if this was covered, but the ipod integration kit has a tendency to not recognize the ipod occasionally. This is not normal, if your kit does this, remove the module and take it to the dealership where you bought it, it will be replaced. I imagine that there may be other issues as well, and if you experience any such flaws, be assured they are still working on it, and they honor the Mopar warranty as usual, and they will take care of you.

P.S. Hi everybody.....I'm back ;)
great to hear you are back...hope all is working itself out for you!!

61 - 80 of 86 Posts