DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
There IS a company that modifies RB1's so they can play regular movie DVD's as well as the map disc........but it's EXPENSIVE (not worth it it's so expensive). He uses the DVD changer for his roof mounted screen that came out of a Caravan ;)

How much Jason? PM me!
Avenger-which is the company that can modify the RB1 into playin dvd movies.can you give me the info on that.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i thought that the company that does this adds a video input on the back of the RB1, and it just uses the screen, it desn't make the RB1 play DVD's, so you would need an external DVD player.

·
Registered
714 Posts
RB1, Uconnect plus Mopar Sirius Satellite

Can anyone here tell me how to connect a Mopar Sirius satellite (w/ multi-plex box) to my RB1 radio with Uconnect??
Right now I have the cable from the CD player going into the Uconnect box and the Uconnect box plugs into the "C2" jack on the back of the RB1. According the Mopar Sirius satellite instructions, the "C2" jack on the back of the RB1 is where the Mopar Sirius satellite plugs in.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Avenger-which is the company that can modify the RB1 into playin dvd movies.can you give me the info on that.
In case anyone is interested:

Can I play movies or other DVD type discs?
Not as it comes from the factory. The RB1 is designed to only read the special DVD-ROM Navigation disc. However, in the spring of 2004 an aftermarket company began offering modified units in which input jacks are added to the rear. This modification allows an external A/V source, such as a portable DVD player, to be plugged into and displayed on the RB1's screen. The mod does not allow you to play a DVD movie directly in the RB1, and is somewhat expensive (around $400 not including the RB1). One company that offers this upgrade is

Tiger

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i know its an old thread...but anyone have issues of the UConnect not functioning when in Ipod mode. i have the RB1 with 6Disc CDC and UConnect. The Uconnect will work when its in Radio and CD mode but not in Ipod mode. anyone know a fix for this?? or can the ipod module not handle 3 sources???

81 - 86 of 86 Posts