DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of posts about the type of antifreeze to use in the 3.5 engines but when i went to Chrysler they gave me a part number slightly diffrerent....

6804895AB (MS-9769G)

Everywhere i have read online everybody mentions 6804895AA (MS-9769). On the receipt it does say it replaces 6804895... it runs off the side of the invoice so i dont see the last number or letters. The color is pink-red and full stregth ( i checked) as i called chrysler and they said they dont sell pre mix stuff in anything except for 2013 models and thats purple antifreeze, for anyone who thinks it.

So baisically i guess im posting to update that it has been changed and i havent seen any posts mentioning it.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Most folks on here go for the Zerex G-05 coolant from Valvoline. It's the same thing Chrysler sells just without the dye. Seeing you have a '99 though, your car came from the factory with traditional green coolant, not HOAT. Chrysler starting putting HOAT in these cars in and around the 2001 M/Y.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's the same coolant. As long as it's marked MS-9679 that all you have to worry about the part numbers are different because they probably changed the formulation a little. I remember when it used to be a little more orange in color where now it a pinkish red color

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Edited:

I posted this because im having the timing belt/water pump done this week and i checked the coolant a few weeks ago before i bought some from chrysler.

I knew about the Zerox but that was after the fact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts