DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a to get a front seal for the crack pully on my 3.3, it was leaking like crazy... So I got to Autozone and buys one for 8 bux, I bring it home and while I put it
in I pinch it, so then it became scap. I went back to Autozone and that was the only one I had, at this point my car is in bits, radiator is out, fans etc so I needed it done that day.

I decide to go to my Dealer and bite the bullet, for $6.95 I get a Mopar part and I get two of them superior quality to the Autozone ****... So maybe sometimes its worth asking about a Mopar part first! :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Very true, sometimes I find Mopar parts to be much more expensive than aftermarket or whatever, and then sometimes the aftermarket parts are much more expensive.......it all depends, but it helps to call around.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Another thing that doesn't hurt to do is ask the counter guy at the dealership if they give "club discounts". All they can say is no, but if they do, you're looking at cost +10% which makes MANY Mopar parts a better deal.
Also, be aware that some dealership price their over the counter sales at LIST PLUS some additional mark up. So, if mult dealerships are convinient, it does pay off to shop around.

-steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts