DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, i was at the bank in the drive thru when I got that smell of gasolene again and the gas guage begun to drop. So, ****...I shut the car off, finsihed my banking and pushed the car in to a parking space. Poped the hood, saw gas all over the place again. I looked at the fuel rail line fitting things, one was loose so I poped it in and drove home. Looks like its back to the dealer for the dodge. I'll put some tape around the fittings to get me to the dealer and have them fix/re fix it again.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I secured the lines with zip ties. Just to get me to the dealer which is about 7 miles away. So far no leaks, but the underhood pad thing is soaked with gas, now my car reeks of it no matter what. After I get it repaired, I'm going to buy a fire extinguisher to keep in the car seeing how I can't trust the damn thing and it's trying to light its self on fire.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it in to the dealer today. They looked at it and said it was fine. I saw the service tech tug and pull on the lines. No leaks. I went ahead and put some zip ties on them again to help reinforce it. It should hold it. If it breaks again, I'm going to say **** it and cut those damn quick connects off and use good ol' rubber hose and worm clamps!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Veeb0rg said:
get rid of that pad.. all it does is make the motor dirty..
I thought the hood pad helped shield the hood from the Intrepids high under-hood temperatures so the paint on the hood wouldn’t prematurely age? (And of course to make it so you wouldn’t burn your hand if you touched the hood.)

Anyhow I’m sure they just didn’t get the fitting connected all the way and that’s why it popped loose after such a short time.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
24vsleeper said:
I thought the hood pad helped shield the hood from the Intrepids high under-hood temperatures so the paint on the hood wouldn’t prematurely age? (And of course to make it so you wouldn’t burn your hand if you touched the hood.)

Anyhow I’m sure they just didn’t get the fitting connected all the way and that’s why it popped loose after such a short time.
I just sprayed the hood pad with simple green. Dosnt smell like gasolene anymore. As for it not prematurely aging the paint on the hood, the bright Georgia sun has already done that for me ;) . I belive its for sound insulation too.

Both fittings are on there good now, and secured with zip ties. They arn't going to budge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts