DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to improve my engine,more HP more Torque,better Throttle response.
I use premium fuel.
How can I reprogramming PCM?
What's your idea?
Thank's!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,443 Posts
Get a 3.5L.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Get a 3.5L.
It's best way,and expensive way to........
In this case, what I must to change together with engine?

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
I'd like to improve my engine,more HP more Torque,better Throttle response.
I use premium fuel.
How can I reprogramming PCM?
What's your idea?
Thank's!
B&G Performance in Detroit....only option for PCM reprogramming.

Here's what you can do....
-Bored out TB
-Intake Spacer (get with SPAD3)
-True Dual Exhaust
-High Stall Torque Converter
-Check with Intertia Motorsports to see if they have cams for the 2.7

Most of these mods I have done to my 3.5....
A 2.7 should be at least as receptive to these mods as a 3.5, if not more so due to the DOHC setup. However, you must (and I can't stress this enough) MUST maintain the 2.7 to a much higher degree than the 3.2 or the 3.5

In the end, going to a 3.5 HO might be the best solution.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
B&G Performance in Detroit....only option for PCM reprogramming.

Here's what you can do....
-Bored out TB
-Intake Spacer (get with SPAD3)
-True Dual Exhaust
-High Stall Torque Converter
-Check with Intertia Motorsports to see if they have cams for the 2.7

Most of these mods I have done to my 3.5....
A 2.7 should be at least as receptive to these mods as a 3.5, if not more so due to the DOHC setup. However, you must (and I can't stress this enough) MUST maintain the 2.7 to a much higher degree than the 3.2 or the 3.5

In the end, going to a 3.5 HO might be the best solution.
Josh's spacer works on the 2.7?

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
there's no replacement for displacement!
This is true, but I think if someone went down the path with a 2.7, I think the results would be surprising.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,443 Posts
Judging by what you've listed:

2.7L 74000 mile,K&N (square),Air Intake Maximizer,Voltage Power Module "RAIZIN",IAT chip "MIND BLOWER",AIRAID PCV filter,NGK Irridium IX

I think you've maxi-riced out the 2.7L already!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the end, going to a 3.5 HO might be the best solution.[/QUOTE]

I'll think about 3.5HO(dream).
What you think -how much does it cost?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Judging by what you've listed:

2.7L 74000 mile,K&N (square),Air Intake Maximizer,Voltage Power Module "RAIZIN",IAT chip "MIND BLOWER",AIRAID PCV filter,NGK Irridium IX

I think you've maxi-riced out the 2.7L already!
I'd like change my K&N(sguare) to the K&N 57 FIPK.What you think,can I see more power and torque?

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
This is true, but I think if someone went down the path with a 2.7, I think the results would be surprising.
Wonder if you could bore one out. would be sweet to get it up in the low 3.x displacement, and the stock PCM would probably still be able to manage the fuel. DOHC FTW!

I'll think about 3.5HO(dream).
What you think -how much does it cost?
couple grand. You can keep your current transmission though, and you'll already have the SE top gear, so that's good.

I'd like change my K&N(sguare) to the K&N 57 FIPK.What you think,can I see more power and torque?
not really, the filter itself represents the bulk of the improvement.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wonder if you could bore one out. would be sweet to get it up in the low 3.x displacement, and the stock PCM would probably still be able to manage the fuel. DOHC FTW!

couple grand. You can keep your current transmission though, and you'll already have the SE top gear, so that's good.

not really, the filter itself represents the bulk of the improvement.
Hm.....If I know, round filter has a bigger sq. than my old K&N(installed into box),and hose FIPk make air way is smoother.

·
Premium Member
16,953 Posts
there's no replacement for displacement!
I'll never forget the article title in a car magazine that I saw about 15 years ago taking off on that cliché: "There's No Replacement For Displacement...Except Supercharging". :)

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I use premium fuel.
What fuel does the 2.7 call for? I'd think that premium fuel would be a waste, unless you've got a pre-detonation problem (unlikely).

<I don't own a 2.7.>

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
What fuel does the 2.7 call for? I'd think that premium fuel would be a waste, unless you've got a pre-detonation problem (unlikely).

<I don't own a 2.7.>
As quoted by my 2002 sales Brochure

"Intrepid's performance wont cost you more at the pump. Unlike other sports sedans, every 2002 Dodge Intrepid runs on regular unleaded fuel. ANd all Intrepid engines are certified to meet the LEV standard for all 50 states."

I run mine on 89 and it runs fat and happy on it. The compression ratio for the 2.7 is actually pretty high for a non-high performance engine. IIRC its in the mid 9s.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Hm.....If I know, round filter has a bigger sq. than my old K&N(installed into box),and hose FIPk make air way is smoother.
With a K&N there's less restriction in the plumbing going to the TB. K&N got a gain of 4.46 hp on a 2.7. With mine, there is a very slight difference in power, but then engine sounds better. Factory air systems are designed to mute engine noise. By putting an aftermarket intake on it, you rid yourself of the restricitve silencing, thereby slightly increasing power and considerably increasing the bellow of the engine under heavy throttle.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
With a K&N there's less restriction in the plumbing going to the TB. K&N got a gain of 4.46 hp on a 2.7. With mine, there is a very slight difference in power, but then engine sounds better. Factory air systems are designed to mute engine noise. By putting an aftermarket intake on it, you rid yourself of the restricitve silencing, thereby slightly increasing power and considerably increasing the bellow of the engine under heavy throttle.
that's over stock. The question is what is the HP difference of the K&N drop in vs the K&N FIPK. I can't imagine it's that significant. You're right about the sound though, I love that WOOOSH!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts