DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had the 2g leather Concord seats in for some time now, but I though I’d show you guys what the full set looks like installed. So for anyone who wondered if the sleeper looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside, here you go.

Outside

Inside

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Lookin' good! :bigok:

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Looks good bud is there anything that you havent done to your car lol? Keep up the good work. I one day want to get 300M special wheels

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks guys. In my humble opinion since almost all the interior parts and the wheels have been from either 1st or 2nd gen LH’s, this is how the trep should have rolled off the assembly line. And I know this means it’s looking less and less like a sleeper, but it’s too late to start calling it something else.
I actually had been on the lookout for leather 300m seats, but all the ones I could fine for sale seemed to have noticeable age creases and general wear. So when I saw this set of front seats that looked almost new, I had to jump on it.
The center caps I’m running are the stock “300M” ones that were in the wheels when I got them. I’m not sure where you find center caps or how you could get them made, but if I ran across them I’d switch to plain chrome ones or have them made with a raised Dodge logo in the middle. Fortunately unless you’re right on top of it you can’t see that they have a “300M” on them.

And here's a thought for my buddy blakmajic. In my humble opinion, I think you should go with a cleaner classier look with the trep you have now, and get something with two doors as your tribute to batman. A two door coupe is going to look a lot more like a batmobile, and although I know you’re in a little bit of a crunch right now, if sometime in the future you can get your hands on a C3 corvette, you’ll have something that already has batmobile-esque lines, and has a crisp fender line to follow for a two or three tone paintjob.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nhogan said:
Looks good bud is there anything that you havent done to your car lol? Keep up the good work. I one day want to get 300M special wheels
Actually I still have lots of things planned for the sleeper. Of course I’m having a new engine dropped in very shortly now, and as soon as that’s done I can get it painted. (I already have the paintjob paid for and the paint is sitting in the shop, I just want to do the engine first so I’m not risking scratching the fresh paint.) Once that’s done I’m going to get black carpet, and while that’s out and the interior is already half pulled apart I’m probably going to put in some of that sound deadening stuff to absorb the extra road noise that comes from the lower profile wheels. Also if they’re done before I’m ready for retirement, I’m also going to have projection headlights put into it. When all that’s done, I’ll have an extra engine sitting around (the one with the bad bearing journal) so I’ll probably just get that one all fixed up, damaged parts replaced, and all machined and tight again, and then I’ll see what I can do with it. This way I’ll have no pressure and plenty of time to get most of the fab work done on something like forced induction while still being able to use the Intrepid. And if I over do it and nuke the engine, I’ll always have the stock spec engine to fall back on.
Yep, when I caught the “mod bug” I caught it hardcore.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Looks very nice. Welcome to the 2nd gen seats in a 1st gen club. I have the basic cloth SE seats but they are a HUGE improvement over the 1st gen seats.

And installing that rear seat is a *****, isn't it?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Matt86 said:
Looks very nice. Welcome to the 2nd gen seats in a 1st gen club. I have the basic cloth SE seats but they are a HUGE improvement over the 1st gen seats.

And installing that rear seat is a *****, isn't it?
I'm thinking there's about 15 of us now... still pretty exclusive though!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was a *****, and installing the front seats first really lulled me into a false sense of easiness. Because of that, I can remember thinking to myself that since the front seats bolted right in, people were just being pussies about the rear seat, and it wouldn’t be a big deal. Unfortunately I was very wrong. Since my rear seats came a little before my modified seatback frame (thank you gr8crash, the modified seat frame did work perfectly), I decided to just modify my 1g frame and use it. Not only did it take forever, but even though it looked pretty much the same as it does now, the fold-down armrest/cup holder/storage compartment wasn’t really bolted onto anything, so it moved too much from side to side. And in the process of playing with the frames I managed to skin my thumb joint almost to the bone, so I had to wrap it with paper towels and be very careful not to get my interior bloody for half the project. The part that probably makes me sound like a mental patient is that even though it was a pain to do, I still enjoyed it. It’s definitely worth it for looks and comfort though.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Looks real nice, I like the Concorde Seats, with all the shades of black and grey that we have in there they look right at home.

I think you need a set of ES cadding for your car now.

Charles

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
24vsleeper said:
The part that probably makes me sound like a mental patient is that even though it was a pain to do, I still enjoyed it. It’s definitely worth it for looks and comfort though.
Awww the love of modifing something for your own personal taste. That's what it is all about.

Looks REAL sharp, :bigparty:

Late!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts