DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently my cars been taking time to kick in to drive. Everytime i pull out of my driveway and go from reverse to drive it stalls and takes time to kik into the D gear.

whats that all about? transmission? im seriously thinking about selling it before something serious happens to it.

what would yall do?:smileyvault-newhere

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
My 94 did that years ago. It turned out that I put the wrong transmission filter in it.
Since it was only the odd morning it would be slow to engage. I didn't fix it until a year later.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
So recently my cars been taking time to kick in to drive. Everytime i pull out of my driveway and go from reverse to drive it stalls and takes time to kik into the D gear.

whats that all about? transmission? im seriously thinking about selling it before something serious happens to it.

what would yall do?:smileyvault-newhere
fix it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My mechanic said that i have a leak in the back of my tranny somewhere and that i need the clutches in my tranny replaced.

He said its alot of work and its gunna cost 11 to 1200 dollars. Hes pretty much gunna rebuild the tranny im guessing. Im not too sure if i want to get this done though, my cars driving fine but that tranny fluid keeps leaking and leaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts