DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Most pathetic race yet!

1K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Mr.Dodge 
#1 ·
Guess what tried to race me while heading toward Austin on my favorite (read desolate, straight and pig free!) stretch of highway 183......

A Hummer H2!!!!

And just because I wanted to let this rich kid know where he stood, I went all out....Just friggin sad! I could have murdered it in the old 3.0L caravan.

If you saw it, you might not have known we were racing, it was that bad.. I really stooped low and hit WAY below the belt on this one. :D

The funny (or sad) thing is that he actually looked surprised..... The question is was he surprsed he lost or had he never seen an Intrepid haul ass before? Either way, that smug look he gave me was gone and my signiture chesire cat grin remained.

Note to those considering the J intake mod: it sounds wicked at 6400 rpm!

#2 ·
All hail the mighty 3.5L. Nice KILL.

I know those hummers are built for off road ruggedness, but most of them around here seem to have 22" DUBS and you know they never see much of any off road action. But then again when someone spends/ wastes 50 grand+ for one I guess it would be hard to go get it messy.

Iwish I could have seen the guys face! Nice kill indeed.

#3 ·
k-nash said:

I know those hummers are built for off road ruggedness, but most of them around here seem to have 22" DUBS and you know they never see much of any off road action. But then again when someone spends/ wastes 50 grand+ for one I guess it would be hard to go get it messy.

They are ******NOT****** built for off road ruggedness... they can't do **** off road.....

Just wait till he admin (the jeep crazy one) reads this post... he'll go off about how horribly constructed Hummers are in terms of their off road "capabilities."

#4 ·
Phrozt said:
They are ******NOT****** built for off road ruggedness... they can't do **** off road.....

Just wait till he admin (the jeep crazy one) reads this post... he'll go off about how horribly constructed Hummers are in terms of their off road "capabilities."
Amen! I'll take a Jeep with some 33 inch tires and a suspension upgrade...:D

A high school buddy has a 97 Wrangler with 33 inch tires and a Black Diamond suspension. Rough as hell on the road but great off road. 13mpg, but who cares, it's so much fun! I put a full set of Infinity reference speakers and 2 Alpine 10" subs in it too.

We actually got the soundbar to sound good.... all hail polyester stuffing! Not much bass on the soundbar, but the mids and highs were clean.

#5 ·
k-nash said:

Uh huh

#9 ·
Phrozt said:

Hey, you make it seem like I am praising the hummer, I actually hate seeing them, they are an infactic waste of money, gas hog, view blocking p.o.s.

I say most, not all pple that drive one have their nose so high it makes me sick.

And don't even get me started about the wus hummer, the H3 :grinno:

#10 ·
there is really no good reason to buy any of them
as mentioned they arent the best offroading, not that a person who could afford one would actually risk scratching it going off road. they get horrible mileage. they dont handle well onroad. they cost as much a damn lexus. i absolutely hate seeing the soccer mom set in these things- it encapsulates whats wrong with our society

the h1 isnt even good for military aplications like sustaining patrols in places with iraq. they dont have armor. and the up armored ones are even slower and prone to rollover and lose their offroad capability. they needed to use APC's in iraq from the get go.

#13 ·
Mr.Dodge said:
please tell me you were over there or knew and talked to people over there face to face?
to know these facts about whats going on over there.
they werent that slow over there.I won't say what my firend did over there with his hummer.
well no i havent but just a quick glance at the stats for a basic h1 will tell you 0-60 in about 16 seconds. with a top speed of about 83 mph. i saw a couple reports on issues regarding uparmored h1s.
so do i really need to be in iraq to understand the weaknesses of this vehicle
f-no.

when i speak of off road prowness, sure they can wade through deep water and have good clearance, but they are large for tight trails and forested areas that i equate with offroading in upstate ny.

#14 ·
been to iraq, operated the H1 for thousands of miles. aside from the diesel engine that is a piece of ****, they get the job done. and with 35' tires 83mph is fast enough, what other military vehicle goes this fast? Hands down the Hummvee is more capable off road then any production vehicle ever. I have personally put them through hell and back. (hell being Iraq, home being back) :flame:

#16 ·
Mr.Dodge said:
in a hot zone like iraq i would take that h1 over any of these off road jeeps.
I have to agree, hell it has been reported to deflect RPG rounds..... I'd like to see a Jeep do that!

I just hope Ford or DCX gets the next contract...... Cummins or Powerstroke (or CAT, Ford lets you choose on the medium duty line!) power would be cool.

From what I've seen, Ford and Dodge trucks have been holding up a bit better than the Chevys around here.... Which one smokes more? Whose exhaust rusts off first? Nuff said!

#19 ·
do not downgrade our military hummers or the h1 and a1 h1's remade, those own all offroad applications, and nothing can touch us in adversaryness", they run off of anything, and rollovers? please they must have been doing top speed at a 45 degree incline to roll those things, the stance and width and wheelbase are not made so large for no reason, and to mention armour is obsolete, they are lacking armour in the war zone, the US still see's betterness in numbers than training and safe equipment, but if it can take a landmine and u can walk out of it, it's fine by me, H2 AND H3's must all be melted down into liquid and cast into shity nails for HONDAS, since those are the only metal pieces, oh and the wheel lug nuts

#21 ·
Just saw insight. The H1 is a great millitary vech. we used them in panama no problem and always used them for patrols is saudia. Even with armor speed is decent. also you don't need a 100mph vech. in a WAR. Second H2 was aim at families who wanted a vech. that wasn't mini-van. When this was a concept gas prices where still around a dollar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.