DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
Actually the amount of memory and the processor speed/type should concern you. Granted this isn't the latest and greatest but those two items will influence what software you can run and what you can do with it.

You indicated you wanted to "Watch videos" but this setup will keep you going for a year or two without upgrading.
I understand that it is not the latest and greatest out there but as long as it runs that is all I really care about. I am not looking at running some software that requires a bigger processor.

I am in no hurry about the pics of the additional Video card and screenshots. Just when you get a chance to get them.

I'm not going to debate this with you. You'll be getting a good deal either way.

Nix that. The processors that I were thinking about are mobile versions. The only option now will be the Celeron D 4XXX that's in there.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
You indicated you wanted to "Watch videos" but this setup will keep you going for a year or two without upgrading.
I forgot about the radio streaming that I listen to. Yeah it should keep me going for a good while.

I'm not going to debate this with you. You'll be getting a good deal either way.
I reread what I posted from last night and and did not realize I was that tired when replying to you Ron. Yeah that is one great deal.

Here's the video card. VGA/DVI/HDMI outputs. So you can even use the HDMI out to an HDTV if you have one. Comes with the "Low Profile" bracket in case you want to put it in a compact case at some point in the future.

Discussion starter · #30 · (Edited)
Discussion starter · #31 ·
Here's the video card. VGA/DVI/HDMI outputs. So you can even use the HDMI out to an HDTV if you have one. Comes with the "Low Profile" bracket in case you want to put it in a compact case at some point in the future.

:love: Not a bad looking Video card Ron. As long as it works with the motherboard I will be happy..

Yeah my TV / Computer monitor is an HDTV so I can get an HDMI cable in the near future and use it.

Everything works together. I had the Mobo/Video Card/RAM fired up over the weekend and loaded Win 7 Pro on an old SATA hard drive using a SATA DVDRW drive. Worked perfectly.

I'll do it again with an old IDE drive to make sure that port works. It did last time I used it.

Discussion starter · #33 · (Edited)
Everything works together. I had the Mobo/Video Card/RAM fired up over the weekend and loaded Win 7 Pro on an old SATA hard drive using a SATA DVDRW drive. Worked perfectly.

I'll do it again with an old IDE drive to make sure that port works. It did last time I used it.
Ok. Thanks Ron. The screen shots about the BIOS that was posted (mentioned) earlier is not really needed.

Discussion starter · #34 · (Edited)

After reading reviews on this card, it definately will work for what I want it to.

No big rush on testing the IDE port. The only thing I will have to add (if I want to that is) is an Parallel card so that I can still use my old HP Printer. Then again I got one of those USB to Parallel cables around here somewhere.

After reading reviews on this card, it definately will work for what I want it to.

No big rush on testing the IDE port. The only thing I will have to add (if I want to that is) is an Parallel card so that I can still use my old HP Printer. Then again I got one of those USB to Parallel cables around here somewhere.
There's a parallel port header on the motherboard. You'd need the cable and bracket for it. The motherboard didn't come with that. Most likely an option.

Here's one on Ebay for $3.45 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parallel-LP...rial_PS_2_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4855e27d5a

Otherwise there'll be two open PCI slots and one open PCI-X x1 slot. The PCI-X x16 will be occupied by the HD 5450 video card.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
There's a parallel port header on the motherboard. You'd need the cable and bracket for it. The motherboard didn't come with that. Most likely an option.

Here's one on Ebay for $3.45 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parallel-LP...rial_PS_2_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4855e27d5a

Otherwise there'll be two open PCI slots and one open PCI-X x1 slot. The PCI-X x16 will be occupied by the HD 5450 video card.
ok. Thanks Ron. I have one of those USB to IEEE cables so that is not an issue.

I was wondering if you got my PM or did I not send it.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
I have something similar to this and it works well [ame]http://www.amazon.com/C2G-16898-IEEE-1284-Parallel-Printer/dp/B0000510T7/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1389938103&sr=8-8&keywords=usb+to+printer+cable[/ame].

Ron did you get my pm? Just wondering....

Sent you a PM reply regarding this yesterday...did you get it? I got your message and replied to it!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.