DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Xtant 404m amp and need suggestions on how to mount this amp. It is not like a regular amp that has 4 tabs to screw it down. If you look at the picture i attached the amp has 4 holes from the top of the amp to the bottom, so it looks like i would need 3 inch bolt or something to moun it. Anyone familiar with this amp? I can not locate anywhere online to purchase mounting hardware for this specific amp. any help or suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I am familar with this Amp ..2 or 3 of my car club buddies have these and they are mounted ..i will check with them this afternoon and get back with you ..

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
I'm assuming you didn't get this amp new? I believe they come new with screws to mount it with...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yes they shouild come with screws to mount it.. but if not simple lag screws would work. The head of the screw shouldn't go too deep into the amp so i'd say about a 2 inch long wood thread lag screw would work. Treat it as if those holes are the tabs that usually are on the edges of the amp.. Xtant just did it that way to be different and clean up the edges a bit. Mine came with Black screws that you can hardly see when installed.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mobbdeep any info will be helpful.

dbaudiopro I did not buy the amp new, i bought this off of ebay. I had to replace a Rockford fosgate amp i had running the front. This xtant sounds so much better, mids and high are so much cleaner and crisp.

Archael i didn't get any screws from the seller, lag screw?? I take it i can pick that up at Lowes or Home Depot?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
sure. Any screw pretty much...I had mine screwed into the padding in the base of the trunk. To what are you mounting your amp? Just use those holes as you would the tabs on the edge of a different amp.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to mount the amp to the back of my seats if not i will get a piece of wood cover it with cloth and mount it on there. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts