DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you live near a lake and have drivin around it you know that in some spots the sand gets really silty and soft, and you can't tell where these spots are unless you drive something heavy (trep) over them, they can't be found by walking over it, or looking at it.

Well i found one of those spots while trying to get some new pictures. believe it or not all the water around my tracks was not there before and the tracks are about 6-7 inches deep. rocked her 7-8 times & she finally caught some dry damp sand.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Where the hell is your car parked in that pic anyhow? I mean location. Is it a lake?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I drove it off the boat ramp, the lake is VERY low, somewheres around 20 ft low there is still some ice around it though, gonna try & get some better ones tomorrow without all the shadows so i'm gonna head out around noonish i'll try & get some pictures of the sidehill i had to drive on to get out there, it is scary, i thought I was going to start sliding down, but the trep hugged right on :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
How exactly do you get a body shop to make the scoops. I know this probably sounds retarded, but what about the dimensions and stuff, will they measure everything for you? Does anyone know a good internet site for a body shop that does that kind of stuff, minus the showcars deal?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you want I can take some more pictures and you can just print them out, take them down and tell them to make them. ask around in your town to find a good body shop i would think they could make and paint them for between 150-200, if you feel ambitious make your own out of fiberglass putty you can buy @ auto parts store for around $30 and have them painted(cheap but time consuming)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts