DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My muffler, the big freakin box under the car, has 2 holes in the bottom i'm sure were put there. the passenger side hole leaks some kida liquid, and the other has smoke coming out of it. is there any to just bypass the stupid thing? it might make it sound like a ricer boys cracker jack toy......

·
Registered
795 Posts
Did you buy the car used? Sounds like someones sad attempt to make the car sound louder/meaner, without spending any money. The liquid is probley just water condensation from the exaust, "smoke" the same.

Time for a new muffler! I'd suggest a Flowmaster 80 with dual tips out the back... I paid $under $300 CDN, sounds great (If you like a loudish, but not to loud, low rumble)

EDIT: This is assuming you have a 2nd gen (I don't know if a 80 will fit on a 1st)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yeah, mine leaks condensation all the time. I just discovered that the folded seam on the muffler of mine is beginning to rust like every other seam on my baby. I am beginning to get fed up with the rust. :eek: The whole under side of the car is covered with rust and I coated the spare tire well with rubber undercoating underneath to keep it from rusting too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts