DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few times this week I have been driving around with no music blaring in my car, sometimes I thnik you need to for noise checks on your ride, but anyway I notice that I have been doing the speed limit and not racing between these times...

But I was halfway home yesterday and doing 70!! <shudder> I just put on some Everlast
then and my speed increased to about 90-85 subconciously... As a Psychology major it just amused me... Anyone else like this or am I getting old.. ? Cut the Old jokes out some of you regulars! :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
When I worked at my old job, the commute was pretty much freeway traffic (speed limit of 65mph, which meant that I went 80, as did everyone else). And, all things considered, it was a more stressful ride to and from work, passing slow-pokes (who almost always are in the left lane--where they shouldn't be).

Now, working at my new job, my commute is pretty much highway-based, so the speed limit is 55mph. I still find myself going 65-70mph (weather permitting, of course), without thinking about it. Going even 60mph seems like I'm driving in the city. Thankfully I have a radar detector. :)

Once you get used to driving fast, it's hard to break the habit. However, the upcoming winter season will bring weather that demands slower and more cautious driving. It makes me glad I bought an Intrepid and not one of those smaller cars that a lot of boys my age have...they handle for crap in the snow and slush...the Intrepid doesn't. :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
I drive up and down the coast on Highway 101 alot and I find myself doing the same. When I have the music off I seem to take in the scenery much more...when the music is on, I'm doing the slalom thing - all the way down to CA.

In town, you can't do more than 2MPH during rush hour (5AM-4:59AM). :rolleyes:

By the way, if you ever get the chance, drive 101 all the way from Olympia, WA to San Fransisco, CA. Just south of SF (I think Leggett, CA is the town name) you can kick over to California Hwy. 1 which will allow you to continue down the coast. It is, by far, the most awe inspiring road trip I've taken. Give yourself at least 3 days each way if you want to take in the scenery - Redwoods, Oregon Coast, California Coast, etc. The trip can be done in one to two days if you don't.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Isn't it funny how good music weighs down your right foot? Wierd like that I guess. Our cars go from 70 to 90 with the slightest beat of a drum! Who can help it?

oh yeah..Si, buddso, Everlast is a sign of getting old... :rolleyes: ;) :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I have the most trouble in town. the car just doesn't have a 30mph spot on the accelerator. foot off gas is aobut 5-10 mph... slightly on is like.. 40 mph

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lafrad... I find that the case to, Thats what I tell the cops :)

Dooley... Hey, I am 28 Mr I aint that old! :) But I do get looks when I pull up at a light with some kids in a car next to me and I am blasting Dr.Dre or Snoop.... One thing our kids grow up with and thats music everywhere... I dont play Dre when I got my kids in the car.. we listen to No Doubt or Missy Elliot depends what they want! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think its just certain songs have a direct connect to the muscles in your right foot. :)

"Run Like Hell" by Pink Floyd, "Genius" by Pitchshifter, and "Come to Daddy" by Aphex Twin are all songs that seem to just seem to get the tachometer jumping on my daily commute. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Right on Si, that's how old I am, we're just pups. I wish I had kids!

You guys here of Morpheus?

·
Registered
219 Posts
O.K., O.K. I'm 27 now and will agree that different music will affect your driving in different ways. I listen to everything from Classical (Brahms, Mozart, ect..) to full on 'rip your hair out and kill your dog' Heavy Metal (Slayer, Testament, Godsmack and **** like that). I just don't do rap, sorry. Unless you call Lincoln Park kinda rappy. Any way, when classical is on, I'm the most polite and curteous driver I can be However, go to the other extreme and I fly!

Best song to drive to:

Judas Priest, Turbo Lover

·
Registered
562 Posts
When i crank Disturbed I usually have a heavy foot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts