DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Well seller has 0 feedback and the guys who are bidding have a zero feedback too, so it looks pretty suspicious. I call scam, or maybe he got his buddies to bid in the auction, it happens a lot.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I can see people selling a car (or buying one) on Ebay as being new Ebayers with 0 feedbacks. Just because they're selling a car on Ebay doesn't mean that they'd have previously been selling other stuff. More than 0 feedbacks would be nice to see but I wouldn't guess 'scam' right away. Scammers are more likely to push fake Rolexes or other things, not vehicles with VIN's that can be checked in advance. I've been an Ebayer for years and have about 500 feedbacks, all positive, as a buyer and seller, so I have a pretty good sense of what seems like a scam. The bigger chance of a scam here would be on the part of someone bidding and trying to rip off the seller.

That said, my personal opinion is that huge wheels look ridiculous and likely change the Intrepid's firm but refined ride into a buckboard over the bumps. I can just feel the BANG when it hits a pothole. Guess I'm too sensible of a guy to throw away a better driving experience to make my car look ricy. I think the larger-size R/T and 300 factory wheels are great but stuff like 22's are just dumb. Where ya gonna put the wide whitewalls that belong on 'em?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Looks like garbage. People putting huge rims on cars don't realize how that effects handling. Or don't care. Anything for looks, right? There was an article in Motor Trend about how the weight of large rims puts more stress on the bearings and suspension pieces.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Dislike. I'm not a big fan of big rims on any car or SUV. Going one or maybe two sizes(depending on which car) over factory is about all I would do. More than that and they just don't look right to me. I like my cars low to the ground and lookin mean and clean.

On my Hawk I kept the rims cause I really liked them. On the trep I went from a 16" rim to a 17" rim. But I kept the outer diameter of the rim and tire the same as what came stock. I did need lowering springs to complete the look, but with a new wheel with the same diameter as the old the car will perform just as good as it did stock, minus valuable weight and there's no need for speedo recalibration. But obviously that's my taste and everyone has there own take. I'm 31 and when I see a car like the one linked I assume a kid is driving it. Not a knock but maybe more of a generational thing.

I agree I'd be very weary buying a car from an e-bay seller with no feedback.

Mike

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
and thats a 2.7L pushing that thing!, lmao!, Om man, that tranny has to have some wear, like a mother ****er!, lol, so as the suspension components, i would look at all of that ****, the **** could be hanging off of a damn string, lol ;)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
exactly, and couldn't he sell the wheels alone for "around" the same price as the whole car... it probably doesn't run... maybe he took the motor out and sold that separately! :tongue:

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Thats stupid. Its a very basic trep wth big wheels & some audio. There are so many SEs on this site that have been modded so much better. IMO, that money would have been better spent on some 300m parts or on a 3.2/3.5 conversion.

·
Registered
531 Posts
buschman said:
Dislike. I'm not a big fan of big rims on any car or SUV. Going one or maybe two sizes(depending on which car) over factory is about all I would do. More than that and they just don't look right to me. I like my cars low to the ground and lookin mean and clean.

I'm 31 and when I see a car like the one linked I assume a kid is driving it. Not a knock but maybe more of a generational thing.

Mike
I have quite a few years on you (even though I just finished a college degree in May) but I agree totally. It's this thing called 'maturity' or 'common sense' where you realize that making any car look "cool" (debatable) is not worth making it ride/handle like crap, not worth making it wear out faster or break more easily, not worth making it less safe or less comfortable.

Hey, I was a kid once and made all kinds of dubious decisions about what to do with my own vehicles but as time goes by you realize what's worthwhile and what is a waste of time and money. When I see people putting Lambo doors on LH's which are not even easy to get into the car under (!) all I can say is "WTF...?" First 'what the' and then 'why the'.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
its very clean and thats all i think it has going for it. i hate big ass rims. on intrepids, i think 18's, 19's at the VERY biggest

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Ugh that thing looks bad! The look of those rims are all wrong for the car, and it needs to be lowered very badly, but that can't be done because the damn rims are too big. At least Tays car does not look like it sits a foot off of the ground. I don't understand the 13K worth of add ons either, I call BS on that guy for sure!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts