DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in October of 2009, I received a 1997 3.5l Intrepid. I got It for less than $30 dollars due to a coolling problem. While repairing the intake manifold gasket (where the coolant was leaking), I had to tighten down the valve covers which were leaking oil. Once the repairs were done, she went from a rolling paperwieght to a car that I am proud to call my own. Now all I need to do is clean up its looks and add some preformance parts.

Here are some photos of my progress.

Top View of the 3.5l

Front View of the car and the new 10,000k HID Hi/Lo headlight

Side View of my Intrepid

The hood before being repainted (got hit by bricks during the 2001 seattle area earthquake.)

The hood after being painted.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
waddya mean U got the car for less than $30 bucks? is that a typo like U forgot a 0? LOL wow car looks great and engine looks very clean, now put some new rims and a couple of mods and your good to go! oh and take some interior shots too!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
waddya mean U got the car for less than $30 bucks? is that a typo like U forgot a 0? LOL wow car looks great and engine looks very clean, now put some new rims and a couple of mods and your good to go! oh and take some interior shots too!
I got my car from my parents. They told me that if I payed for the repairs, the car would be mine. They thought that I would have to replace the head gaskets, water lines, heads, etc. Well it turned out to be the intake manifold gasket to the cylinders. I bought the Intake gasket kit by FelPro ($7) and one of those repair manuals ($20). I have bought more than that including new NGK V-Power spark plugs (still had the original spark plugs), new spark plug wires, new headlight assemblies, and a K & N high flow air filter. But all of that was just things I wanted to change.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
good looking trep. looks to be in fantastic shape. isnt black a rare first gen. color?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
the roof has always had that problem due to the windshield washer fluid spraying on the roof, but also the roof is normally the first to go cuzz I guess its higher up? as for the trunk I dunno...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I decided to get a few new photos of my car while I was in Seattle for the day a few weeks back.

The Intrepid in front of Qwest Field

Another shot in front of Qwest Field

It does have a lit bit of an attitude from time to time.

Side profile in front of Nordic Cold Storage INC. LLC.

Staring at the Seattle Skyline

Side profile with Qwest Field

More photos to come after I get the head gaskets repaced and a new timing belt/pulley/tersioner/harmonic balancer installed.
Also, I will soon be uploading images of my "Audi" style headlights.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts