DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not beleive it. I think a pushrod bent in my engine, cause it makes loud knocks when i drive it. Around how much will it cost to get that fix if that is the reason.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Could be many things best thing is to take it to Dodge for an Estimate! (what year?)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
yes, the pushrods in the 2.7 are known to go out a lot. :rolleyes:

i apologize, that was uncalled for. caught me in a crappy mood.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
97 sport platinum said:
yes, the pushrods in the 2.7 are known to go out a lot. :rolleyes:
In a much nicer way:

There are no pushrods in a 2.7L engine

You probably have a spun bearing. meaning you need new crank/bearings/CONNECTING rods.

not a cheap fix at all

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
playerz304 said:
I can not beleive it. I think a pushrod bent in my engine, cause it makes loud knocks when i drive it. Around how much will it cost to get that fix if that is the reason.

Welcome to the club(owners with 2.7's that went sour). Save your pennies this will not be a cheap repair. It won't take long for others to say is was because you abused your engine and did not maintain it correctly. Good luck

·
Registered
576 Posts
Re: Re: my 2.7

adaptabl said:
It won't take long for others to say is was because you abused your engine and did not maintain it correctly. Good luck
i abuse my 3.5 all the time...well not really but there is no excuse...they should take some abuse...

just like if you drive like a old women your tranny will last longer too. But is that going to happen?!? there deabte over ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts