DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my car in the middle of August. It had 123,000+ for km and was in very good shape. It came with nice shiny rims and tint. But I have done a few things since getting it and have big plans to come. Here is the car as it sits today.

Mods so far
JVC head unit
JVC 6x9's
12" Pioneer
600 watt Scosche Amp
Debadged trunk
Painted calipers and brakes
Tinted rims
Added usb port where lighter was
Added USB port in glove box and in tray under head unit
Sparco floor matts (blue)
Polished engine bay and painted lettering metallic blue
Dyed R/T stitching in head rests blue

Here are some pics
Tinting the rims

Just after I bought it

Just after I got the car

Painted calipers

I will add more soon. Pics are very large so I will resize them and add some more. I look forward to meeting everyone and aiming at COTM.

Deni

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The outside yeah, but the inner was a dif story. Im in the process of doing a few mods on my day off. Will post some pics if I get done.

·
Registered
364 Posts
nice R/T!!! Welcome fellow R/T brother!!! lol......but just one thing....i thought all the R/T's had the bars in the bumper cover painted black? All the one's I've see have anyway! My factory bumper cover had the inferno red paint and black inside bar in the front holes of the bumper cover.....my neighbor has a white 01 and his has black.....perhaps your cover was painted after an accident and they were lazy....?

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
nice R/T!!! Welcome fellow R/T brother!!! lol......but just one thing....i thought all the R/T's had the bars in the bumper cover painted black? All the one's I've see have anyway! My factory bumper cover had the inferno red paint and black inside bar in the front holes of the bumper cover.....my neighbor has a white 01 and his has black.....perhaps your cover was painted after an accident and they were lazy....?
Chrysler started cutting costs in 2002 and the old style 2 piece bumper was first to go. Sad thing is you can't even get them new. 2 piece bumpers are definitely getting rarer everyday.

But back on topic, that car is super clean! I know they made white R/Ts, but they aren't common down here. Great looking car!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Not sure on the bumper. No records of accidents so if it was it was fixed by the owner and not claimed. I plan on adding a viper body kit anyway here shortly. All I know is they offered me the car and I wasn't sure. So i took the 3 hour drive and pulled in and when I came around the corner and seen it. I dunno i just had to have it. The car rides amazing. Has every option. I also am a single dad to two little ones (4) and (6) so its best of both worlds. I finished tinting the wheels with the duplicolor shadow kit. I will add some pics. Turned out awesome. They seem to change colors and in some light they look like they did before I even tinted them. I also picked up nightshades to do the tails. Might do them today while I am off. I also debadged the trunk and with the letters from intrepid i made "Deni" for my name. Some might think its dumb but whatever haha It worked for me. I also ordered an SRT-6 badge kit and viper emblems yesterday. I work in the patch so i don't have much time and with the kids I am stuck at home so i will probably be doing a lot to the car. Either way, I seriously love it, and thanks for the welcome. I'll be here ALOT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some more pics from today

Well i finished the rims, and decided to go for a sunday cruise. I haven't started on the tails yet.... but lazy today. Anyway heres a few more. Sorry for the quality, i took them with my HTC, and i know i need to clean her. :baseballbat: I forgot to take a pic of the sub and amp install. And if you can't see it my valve stem covers are blue grenades with the pin.

USB in lighter

JVC head unit with bluetooth and hands free voice control

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bahahaha a $10 one i had sitting in my desk for a few months. I don't suggest. It fits okay but doesnt hold I keep meaning to take it off but it's one of those things. I actually had it slip off while driving and couldn't shift out of drive lol. Yay for cheap dumb mods

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Hey there my neighbor to the north! Looks like Timmy and I now have another member in our midst!

Keep your oil straw on the north side of that line, Bub... HA!

Now we'll have to have a mini-meet some time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I started on my tail lights today and managed to get the center bar done.

I added an "R/T" detail in the third brake light. Which is only visible when the brakes applied. As you will see from the pics.
I hit the bar with two coats of nightshades, and then removed the "R/T" taping and then hit the bar with one more solid coat of nightshades.
I then wet sanded the bar.
Then I began clear coating. I took my time with this. I hit it with 6 coats each time wet sanding. Then I hit it with two heavier coats. And wet sanded after the second.
Following that with a light consistant clear coat.

Here is where im at.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So i worked in the shop today and we are moving to a new yard. While picking stuff up I found this nice sheet of checker plate. So i grabbed it quick and brought it home to clean up and put to use. Its not cut to fit yet, but my buddy is gonna cut it for me. I want it to fit right to the back to sit under the sub box. But its about an inch and a half to wide ... haha go figure. Anyway heres some pics of it thrown it.

When I got it home before cleaning

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for the sloppy sig, Im in the middle of moving and I will take new pics over the weekend after cleaning the car to show the updated trep. I also used the toothpaste trick on the headlights today and it worked amazing ha who knew. And added some better bulbs. Not sure whats next....gonna do a yard run tomorrow and see what I can find.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
When I still had my Razorstars on my car, I seriously thought about giving them the smoked chrome treatment. I have to say, very bad ass.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks dude. I like it but ill be honest i am missing the bright shiny chrome a little. I am on the hunt for some 18 inch charger rims. Think I found some tonight. And i found a 2010 300 that was rolled and the guy only wants 900 for it and the interior and wheels are like new still.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts