DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
No work was done to the lower end. Only upper end.
The place that we bought it from was an auto recyclers place that said this engine came out of a car that was in a rear end collision so "it should be good"

It's a lesson learned here. I should have just spent a couple bucks more to have the lower end checked out and fixed.
Now I basically have a paperweight in my driveway :( :(

Plus I have a bunch of suspension parts I was gonna put on her too. All 4 struts and all bushings in the front basically

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
I've got a complete 2000 R/T with a 90k mile engine you can have for $300. Bring a trailer and cash and come get it!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Have you checked around for a replacement engine? Reasonable Price. I know the 3.2/3.5L engines are getting scarce.

You could pull your current engine and refresh the bottom end. Like I said...crankshaft kits are available but it's Uber Labor as you already know.

Even if you got another used engine you should do the bottom end on it. Don't know what to tell you. Don't know your Financial/Time situation so Best of Luck in whatever you decide.

·
Premium Member
16,743 Posts
Sorry for the disappointing situation, Scott. Hopefully you can sleep on it for a couple of nights and decide what direction to head in and feel comfortable with the decision you make.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts