DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off, I didn't go out looking to buy a Chrysler Concorde. My real passion actually lies within my Ford Excursion. I've been in forums for years about Excursions, I'm especially interested in diesels. At the beginning of the year, my transmission in my Excursion blew out, leaving me without transportation and a repair that is going to cost anywhere from $1500-$2000. I had $551 on me and I scoured FB Marketplace for three days trying to find a vehicle to fit that price range. This was what I could come up with. The lady sold it so cheap because she was moving and needed it gone. How many miles you ask? A lot at 183,000. What engine? the 3.2L which seems to be the more favorable engine for these cars. Does this car have problems? You betcha! So far on my list, I need a Throttle Position Sensor, Blower Motor Resistor (blows on high all the time), new climate control screen (screen doesn't come on), new air filter, brake pads and rotors, etc. But I'm not trying to address any problems with this post. I just wanted to give a brief summary on how I got the car and the condition that it is in. I just want to make it into a good functioning daily. My truck gets 10 mpg, wondering what this will get!

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
I had one just like it - same color and leather interior - LXi. It also had the bad clear-coat 'feature' too. :) I had a good paint job put on it, but that cost more than the blue book. (I also had an LX - no leather, and 2.7 engine.)

What year is yours? My guess is '98 or '99.

Great road car.

If you don't know when or if the timing belt and water pump have been changed, that should be your top priority. The belt must be changed every 105kmiles or 7 years, whichever comes first. If it breaks, you will likely have engine damage (bent valves) that will cost a bit to fix. Unfortunately replacing the belt, tensioner, and water pump will also cost a few hundred dollars, less if you DIY, but if you don't do it, the risk is high for it breaking and engine damage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one just like it - same color and leather interior - LXi. It also had the bad clear-coat 'feature' too. :) I had a good paint job put on it, but that cost more than the blue book. (I also had an LX - no leather, and 2.7 engine.)

What year is yours? My guess is '98 or '99.

Great road car.

If you don't know when or if the timing belt and water pump have been changed, that should be your top priority. The belt must be changed every 105kmiles or 7 years, whichever comes first. If it breaks, you will likely have engine damage (bent valves) that will cost a bit to fix. Unfortunately replacing the belt, tensioner, and water pump will also cost a few hundred dollars, less if you DIY, but if you don't do it, the risk is high for it breaking and engine damage.
It's a 98! and I'm taking the repairs slowly at a time because I am broke! I would love to do the timing belt and water pump when I have the money haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts