DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured I'd post some pictures of my '94 Intrepid I acquired when my dad decided to upgrade to a new Prius. It's a '94 ES 3.5L with 80,000 miles and runs great. Only thing I've done is take out the air restrictor, but I have a K&N air filter waiting to be installed because the damn screws in the airbox are stripped. Anyway, here's the pictures, with an emphasis on the wonderful paint job.

From the front:

2 months later:

Back view

Close up of dent:

Trunk:

Top:

2 months later:

So as you can see, I need a paint job. Any advice on how to do this myself (if it's even feasible) or where to get it done. I know MAACO is supposed to be really bad, but how bad can they screw it up if I just have it repainted black? Not looking to spend a fortune on the paint.

Planned mods:
OTIS/EVIC
K&N as mentioned above
Maybe 2nd gen seats
Paint if cost is manageable
Maybe take care of that dent... :baaa:
I really enjoy this car and when I get some free time, hopefully I'll be able to make it so it's not the only ugly Intrepid on this site.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Wow, how can the hood and trunk lid have that many scratches?? Looks like it was used as the floor for the local tap dance club!!! :D

Seriously, it depends on your abilities. Are you willing to fail? I am a believer you can do anything if you are willing to fail and have deep enough pockets.
You say you dont want to spend a bunch of cash. If you dont have a friend in the body biz, then Maaco is probably your best shot. They dont do too bad if you get the more expensive job. Take it in and get a quote.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
I have an OTIS I will sell ya.

Another Iowa member :) I live in Independence which is near Waterloo/Cedar Rapids. Let me know if ya wanna have a mini meet or what not.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nhogan said:
I have an OTIS I will sell ya.

Another Iowa member :) I live in Independence which is near Waterloo/Cedar Rapids. Let me know if ya wanna have a mini meet or what not.
Cool, my cousins are from CR and I have a friend who goes to Mt. Mercy.

How much are you looking for for the OTIS, and what color is it?

Thanks to everyone for advice - I'll see if MAACO can give me a decent quote and then pray they do an OK job - if not, I guess I'll have to learn to do it myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts