DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
STCDodge94's Sig Page

Alright, got some pictures tonight of the '94 Dodge Intrepid I own. My parents bought this baby new back in 1994 and was used as the family car until the 2002 Intrepid SXT was bought, so now this is my car. It's got the factory white, most everything is stock. Only mods I have are Dodge FloorMats from AutoZone, a steering wheel cover thanks to the local St. Louis Cardinals store at the mall, and a nice chrome tip, the brand, i don't know because it didn't say when i got it at AutoZone. I really would like to get a different car but maybe I'll keep this one of i can find some nice accessories for it.

Thanks for looking and any links you have to places with accessories for first gen Intrepids!

EDIT - August 12th - Took evening pictures of the car, as well as both Intrepids.. My mother's red SXT in the front, then mine in the back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lol those are some ugly hubcaps, but that car is in great shape. Even the headlights.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kilometers said:
Lol those are some ugly hubcaps, but that car is in great shape. Even the headlights.
Hahah yeah the old ones were lookin gross so like last year we picked up a set from Wal Mart.. not the place i woulda liked to go but eh.. they'll do for now.. at least they dont fall off :D

Im also of thinking to get some new bright headlights for it too. Thanks for the comments so far and keep em comin' :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
A 3.5L is a base 1g? Crap...it's clean, but stock. So get modding! First mod you should do...get a set of ES rims. Even on a base Trep, they look a lot better, like how mine was:

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think if you’re going to go to the trouble of getting new rims, you should be on the lookout for a set of 18s. Even if they’re not the 300M specials like mine, I like the way they fill in the wheel-well, but still have enough rubber that you’re not practically running a bare rim with a rubber band around it on the highway.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
very clean trep. i say you keep her a sleeper for a while and add the es bumper last.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hey guys, I figured I'd give you guys an update. I didn't know I'd be keeping this car until about 1 week or so ago, so I've decided to start a list, a realistic one, of what I want to get done.

-Rims and Tires: EDIT: As of 10 EST I have ordered a set of Enkei ZR-5 black rims with Falken 912 tires. ZR-5s: http://www.enkei.com/Performance specs/RZ-5.html

-Paint: I'm surprised how long my white factory coat held, but I'd like to get something a little slicker looking. Thats why I'm going with a gloss black color. I was deciding between it and metallic silver, but I've decided to do black. That might cost anywhere between $1000 and $2000, as far as I know.

-Body Kit: I found an alternative to the Extreme Dimensions body kit, its called a Vision body kit. It's from a small place up in Ontario, Canada. I'd get front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and the stock ES Spoiler they sell. Here's the link to that: http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/intrepid.html All that together about $1200. UPDATE: Was given a quote from them today, about $2000 (I think). Once we send them a check, they'll begin work. They say 6-8 weeks for delivery, but possibly sooner. Oh yeah, and delivery by freight. Fun fun.

-Window Tinting: Simple black, I'm not planning on doing the max 35% tint, maybe %25 perhaps.

-Headlight covers: Probably will order a set from AutoZone or another auto parts store

-Tail lights: This one's still up in the air, but I might follow the directions Phuckin Phil gave me to blacken out the tail lights

-Headlights: I need to clean my lenses out, possibly get new ones. I also might look into Sylvania SilverStar bulbs.

Thats about it so far, at least my plans. I'm excited to get this project started. Anyone with suggestions? Any ideas would help. Thanks for any help/suggestions. I shall update this thread when needed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Minor updates..

-Changed the oil and oil filters. Castrol Syntec oil, a quart of mystery oil, and a Fram oil filter (like I always will get)
-New Duralast brake pads: front and rear. Also put new brake rotors on. After noticing horrible squeeks, jacked it back up and swapped the front outside pads and a little WD-40 made that noise go away.
-Edge Racing will NOT be shipping my rims anytime soon due to an error. Apperently, they opened up the box of 4 rims and 2 were different ones than I had wanted, so I'm expecting to wait 2 or 3 more weeks.
-Bought new Silverstar Ultra headlights and I must say they're spectacular. Also adjusted the headlight angles so now I can see better than ever, because before they were sorta pointing toward the ground.
-Expecting to send a check up to Showcars Body Unlimited in Canada and as soon as they get it, they'll work on the body kit for me.
-Planning on getting a Magnaflow High Performance Catalytic Converter

Maybe when I get the thing painted and all that, I could make a new thread.. idk. Stay tuned...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts