DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Topic: My 95 Intrepid

Completed Projects
Painting trim pieces, currently have center dash trim drying and pass dash trim dryin after washing.
Cold air intake with K&N filter.
True Dual Side Exhaust System

Current Projects

Carlisle

A list of future plans I have for it:
New steering wheel.
18" rims and tires.
Bucket seats for the front and a center console so I can have a floor shifter for a/s.
New speakers
Removal of A/C for Turbo.
New paint job, paint flaking and of course gotta fix that rust.
Body kit.

Yah, think that's enough to keep me busy for the next 5 years.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're turning out really good. The fun part is gonna be the trim on the doors with the door handles. I'm thinking of painting the handles themselves a couple coats of flat black to keep the thickness down. Got the center trim back in and it looks pretty good except some flaws but whatever, better then that molded dark brown. Painting the vents themselves in a flat black was a good idea, they still operate decently.

And for the ppl with good eyes, try and locate me in 2 pics. I didn't notice myself till hrs after I posted them :).

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
1st pic and the one with your headlight switch lol :) Good color.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Switch is right but not in first pic

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Wow, you had the exact clone to my car before I turned it in to an ES. Right down to the color combo and 15" wheels.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"If" things go the way I'd like I'm gonna turn it into an R/T.

These are the rims I'm thinking of gettin for it, they're 18"

·
Registered
27 Posts
what color is ur car cause i have the same color and not really sure what it is called some people have told me it looks white some say it looks gray and some say it looks blue and i'm not really sure what color it is

·
Registered
256 Posts
what color is ur car cause i have the same color and not really sure what it is called some people have told me it looks white some say it looks gray and some say it looks blue and i'm not really sure what color it is
I have the same color Trep, only it's a '97 and the key set from the factory had a tag on it that said it was Opal.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wow, despite the rust, it looks great. The engine bay looks wonderful. The 3.3L is easy to have a CAI installed onto. (No MAF sensor before the throttle body)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some updated pics of the car here. More progress on alterations and fixes and many more that need to be done :biggrin:.

Just picked up a new cowling but it decided it wants to rain out so that'll be on hopefully tonight. THe old one I broke trying to fis the windshield wipers in the middle of winter. Dumb move.

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
now that you got the breather on the drivers side valve cover and the one on the pcv valve it self how does your car run? how ever i do not recomend this set up. the one on the passanger side lets air in. thats why it was connected to the intake. the one on the drivers side lets air and oil back out and put it back into the motor to be burned up again. its part of the emissions controll. your only gonna kill your engine being set up like that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
No problems that I can tell. Runs very good. I'm pretty sure though that both exhaust unused fumes into the air intake system. One just happens to be before the TB and one after.

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
i know the pcv system is under vaccum and you deleted that hole set up. when my egr went i noticed my pcv was disconnect so with the combanation of both of them bein done probally was causing my car to stall. hoenstly i like the way it looks but im wondering how its working for you. and btw nice ride just need to get rid of that rust. keep the modding up

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That line isn't under pressure it just sucks in the 'air' from the valves. The car will run fine without it but will suck in dirt if it's not protected.

Now the only...issue...I'm having is the car doesn't know what gear to be in when cruising down the road. If I touch the gas a little more, only a hair more, it'll jump into the next lowest gear, weird. I think this is from the increased power since it only started after I added the CAI and dual exhaust. It could also be from the less back pressure but I didn't notice it till after I add the CAI. I had those filters on before I added the CAI so I know it's not that.

Added: It doesn't do the gear jumping at highway speeds just local driving at times but not always. It's not a constant thing.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
look on side of drivers door get paint code

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just so you know, the PCV system is what you messed with, (Postive Crankcase Vac).

Needless to say, the driver side valve cover is suppose to have a hose running to the back of the engine. Where vac. is applied from the pcv valve located in the manifold and the passenger side is where fresh air comes in. There is a reason why this is design like this. In the long run you will be only damaging you engine further. And no, the little breathers do not and will not, give you power.

Here is a little knowledge for you, I suggest you pay attention where it talks about Water Vapors and such and also how it operates, cause from what you have been saying I don't think you quite have the idea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCV_valve

Of course, this is just a friendly suggestion, take it however you want.

And the whole tans down shifting thing, I highly doubt it is because of the "large" amount of power you think you gain from the intake and exhaust. If anything, it downshift cause the engine is lugging and can not accel is such a high gear (kinda like 4 cyls have to downshift going over hills.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts