DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah very I thought they were slower than my car. I heard they were ridiculously heavy and underpowered. I guess thats wrong.

·
Registered
347 Posts
These cars were shared platforms with the Jaguar S-type I believe. Made like 210-215 HP with a Getrag tranny. Slick little ride. I have much respect for them.
Trust me....my R/T didn't fair overly well either. =(

·
Registered
321 Posts
No surprise there. The only Intrepids that were reasonable in the performance dept were the 3.5 HO and of course their sisters the 300Ms. Don't even think about trying to out run anyone in a 2.7. A Toyota minivan will leave you standing.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
I got my ass handed to me big time. I'm kinda ashamed.
What motor do you have, anyway? I know you have a 96, so you don't have the 2.7... but even if you have the 3.5, you'd be hard pressed to keep up with the Lincoln..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 3.5, I really like the ls. I would get the 3.9 v8 though. 03 and up v8 had 280 hp. Not bad out of a tiny v8.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just realized I swore. Sorry if anyone got offended.
Actually I'm quite offended. :crying5: However, regarding the minivans, the Chrylser t&c hauls quite some ass. (See, I swore too. ) The '03 a family member has can really book. Tons of low end torque for hauling all those kids around I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts