DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guy's, here are some pics of my 1997 Intrepid.

Bought it from an old man that was 82 as he could no longer drive, he was the only owner prior to me and kept the car in really good shape, mileage is 91,918 as of today.

What I did: changed the back brake cylinders, battery and 2 new front tires. Also tinted windows.

What needs to be done (eventually): cooling system change (although still fine and not overheating), and oil pan change as it is rusted.

Before tints:

(Those plates are no longer valid ...)

After tints
:

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
when i bought my car at 70,00miles i did some preventive maintnene and did a full tune up. new plugs, wires, checked the coils, oilchange, checked tranny fluid, new air elemint, checked all hoses for drie and cracked lines. made sure all vaccume hoses where secure

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MysteryEmotions, did that too, only had the bake brake cylinders that needed immediate attention, and the 2 front tires were due.

I got the full inspection done, and even the mechanic was amazed at the good condition of the vehicle. Guess I got a good one in my hands this time.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Nice car. Those KM speedo's still make me do a double take. LOL

·
Registered
723 Posts
If you just got it, use what you have before you start "modding" it.
What I see would cause me to do these before anything else.
Clean the headlights.
Purple power is good under the hood.
Touch up on the front facia.
New plugs.
As stated coolant system maint.
As stated oil pan issue.

Drive the car a few months and get to know it, and what IT needs, not what you hear it could use.
The add-on stuff you might want, but don't have, is secondary.
Make it reliable and trustworthy before you spend all your money on adding things it DOESN'T have.
You will like the car much better if you spend the time and money on the OTIS, ATC, A/S,......blah, blah, blah, afterward, and can actually use it as opposed to, "HEY, I added the OTIS today, and the MPG reads a pretty green 0. Well the tranny is shot, so I guess that's normal, 'cause I can't drive it".
There is a member here who has a low mileage "sitting" car that's wants to do all kind of mods. to it, but can't, because it's nickel and diming him to death for what IT needs, not what he wants for it.
Wanting is good, but priorities always win, if want to keep it and be happy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Heyy Our treps are almost identical. I just need to change up a couple things on mine and they would be identical lol
nice trep! :)
oh I have a question, why are the two front windows not tinted? I don't know the tinting laws in montreal, is this the reason?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi MinJady,

Got us going on 2 threads lol

The front windows are tinted, they just show less cause the back is Limo all around.

You are allowed 30 % tint in Montreal, and I put 50% in the front, they are dark, but never had a problem cause they seem light contrasted to the Limo tint in the back.

Fur fun, what's your mileage?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GN300,

Sorry, but what are you saying about Ebay $

As for price, asking price was $2,500, offered $2K and here we are.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts