DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After the 2002 R/T got trashed and totaled by insurance in a hit-n-run last year....I was on the look out for a new car. Ended up getting a 2002 300M Special from TN which fit the bill. After that I decided I had a "Mid-Life Crises" and needed something a little more performance oriented. This is what I settled on after getting a load of **** on L.H.F. regarding a new Camaro.

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 with the 6.1L Hemi. Inferno Red FTMFW! Looks to be 450 real HP with a CAI and a DIabloSport 92 octane tune installed. Can you say fun? This monster will easily break the rear tires loose when running down the road at 45mph and giving it a little stab at the "Go" pedal! Can you say instant fun?:whip:

Stock Kicker sound system with 10" Sub, Nav. Uconnect, Heated seats, ATC, etc. All the goodies except for the rear seat video system. Even has a Mopar cargo mat! Brembo brakes with slotted rotors-can you say plant your face in the windshield? 15% window tint all the way around(not my choice)! Bilstien Shocks/Struts.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wendell. Now I'm on the hunt for an auto headlight switch from a 300C!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Thanks Wendell. Now I'm on the hunt for an auto headlight switch from a 300C!
lol... that's a nice looking Ride you got there Ron!! it looks so clean inside and out!! PLEZ don't add those GM Fake air vents to it like i see on every other car now a dayz... I mean you can if you want!!! As to the 300M auto light.. I'll be heading to the LKQ next wed, i'll check the LHS's there and let you know if they have one!!! If they do i'll hit u up via PM here...

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,551 Posts
Nice ride. As far as I'm concerned it's a MF'ing Dodge!, kewl.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,551 Posts
I'll be heading to the LKQ...
LKQ posts some good **** on eBay at times, Iv'e bought from them before but they tend to be a bit pricey. :smileyvault-wtf:

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ordering a JCWhitney catalog now! Checking the selection of fake air vents! J/K!

The headlight switch will be for an LX not an LH Rondell! Looks like some of them have a separate button for the fog lights others have the fog light function integrated into the knob itself. Whichever one it is, it'll have an "A" position for the knob. Either one will work...fog light button or not...as long as it has the "A"!

Thanks for looking out and let me know if you find anything.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LKQ posts some good **** on eBay at times, Iv'e bought from them before but they tend to be a bit pricey. :smileyvault-wtf:
yeah...a few years ago LKQ had great prices. Got at least 4 items from them at real low prices. Now it looks like they've caught on to the market trends and adjusted their prices up accordingly.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts

Not at the "LKQ pick in pull yard" where you bring ur own tools and pay $2 to get into the yard, uninstall anything u want and bring it into the building and pay for it.. I can get a whole engine with everything for $300 and $250 if i have a core!! Any gear shifter for $1.99 and so on... CHEAP

Ordering a JCWhitney catalog now! Checking the selection of fake air vents! J/K!

The headlight switch will be for an LX not an LH Rondell! Looks like some of them have a separate button for the fog lights others have the fog light function integrated into the knob itself. Whichever one it is, it'll have an "A" position for the knob. Either one will work...fog light button or not...as long as it has the "A"!

Thanks for looking out and let me know if you find anything.
Oh, For some reason i thought you said it was for the 300M... It's all good!!! If i see a 300C in the yard with one i'll hit u up!! But i don't think i'll see those at the yard here for a while...

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for looking.Did a little research and it turns out the "standard" headlight switch can be converted to "auto" by pulling the knob off the shaft and clipping some plastic inside the knob. Even easier than doing it for an LH! Need to verify that I can move the shaft to the left one position after I pull off the knob to make sure the mod can be done.

Again...thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Always loved the Magnum,e specially in SRT8 form. Inferno Red = one of the best reds out there.

Dunno why you got hell for wanting a Camaro (friend of mine has one, it's badass) but this thing is just as cool, with some actual practicality to boot.

I love how the 6.1 isn't shrowded in plastic like most engines today are, and how it's nice and clean, as opposed to a mess of wires and hoses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts