DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAY! Can't wait, my dad's coming home from work in like 5 minutes to take me down there, it's like an hour ride, but whatever. I'll let you guys know how it turned out when i get back.

-Adam :D :D :D

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
SO the SE will be back in action once again?? :) :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yes....good for you....you sounded very depressed through this whole ordeal and it is nice to see you happy again.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Back in the saddle again! Good luck! :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah she's back in all her glory. Turns out it wasn't sludge buildup. I talked to my mechanic and he said what happened was, the oil pump is connected to the timing belt, and the bracket or something there snapped, causing the pump to stop functioning, which cut the oil to the engine. He said he found shards of metal when i spun the bearings, in the oil pan, fun stuff. He said the heads were fine, didn't need replacing, it was just the lower part of the engine. So he replaced the short block, and said everything should be fine, just keep changing the oil like i have been, and it should be all set. They also replaced the battery cause it was shot too.

So this all happened by a freak chance, our luck that we got it. So hopefully this will be the last of our engine worries. Total cost was $2100 for us, which isn't that bad, we got a 1 year warrenty on all the parts and repair that they did, so incase anything breaks again, but he said it shouldn't.

Overall very happy, i got the car back washed and full of gas, although the 45 minute ride home made sure it didn't stay that way :). Feels nice to be driving that thing finally, i fell in love with it again :D

-Adam

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
get some good oil in there :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Congrats. :)

This is why it's important not to assume what the problem is until you find out what really happened.

I bet more than a few naysayers were assuming this was the sludge problem. I hope they like the taste of crow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts