DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down a road tonight that is famous for the rice olympics and I had gone out to taco bell to get something to eat. I pull out of the drive and here comes victim
#1-a 95 to 99 maxima with some kid listening to some dance music crap and he looks at me like, yea, right, I dont want to waste my time, so, on the first light, I just pushed it halfway and he didnt even bother. As he was racing, I noticed another maxima just like his but with those ever so lovely 200 horsepower easily, blue headlight bulbs. So, the next light comes up and the first kid revs at me so I return his original look back to him and wink for extra effect. I hear him pre-revving, light turns green and my 230 ft-lbs of torque (factory specs) just shoved me half a car length ahead and then the kid backed off at like 55 (in a 35 zone) "I fear no cop!" So here comes big brother with the blue headlights, and guess, what playing that same stupid 90's disco music. He revs at me and yells "you're going down american man". Thats when I had it, turned on good old metallica (I'm 19 myself mind you). Told him that nothing beats american torque and I sat there waiting for the green. We were both holding the gas with one leg and brake with the other. Light turns green, I get a good 40 foot jump, after which he starts to get closer and closer and then here comes redline for me and here comes next gear, see ya jap wannabe. Two down, here comes another one in a brand new camry v6 (still had the new car plates and all. He stops at the light sharply, instantly opens his window and gives me the old I know I am going to lose salute (middle finger). I just turned up the metallica, and away we went, I chirped a bit in first and thats where he got a little jump, and then I started gaining, his car paused (VVTi?) to shift while mine was almost at redline, so, finally, his shifted and he went off a little and then I shifted and here comes my filter doing its 50 bucks worth keeping me ahead with his nose inbetween my door jambs. We came to the next light and he turned left and I followed him, but he went home, so I went on my way, smiles the whole way. You new car guys think what you want, my car has 101,700 miles on it, almost no shocks on it, and pretty much bald tires. A good day for me. Those of you who will be in the chicago-land area, let me know, I'll show you the road sometime!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ill have to look u up next time i goto chicago

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hate to be negative, but either they were really ragged out or your full of it. My buds 97 max of just 190 stock hp kills my ES bad say 3 car lengths. No way no how you beat them unless they are really ragged or not trying. This is just to solidify the statement by another poster for you not to even try a maxima. I have raced even an automatic 99 maxima from my girls friend . A girl driving an auto maxima beat me not as much as the 5 spd but she was pulling away at about 70. It was close on the auto to 60 but 70 she was leaving. Is it possibl you raced an auto?

·
Registered
560 Posts
haha sweet man...i always crank some good ol' jethro tull in that type of situation. (im 20)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
"Break Things" - Limp Bizkit

...don't tell anyone I'm 44. ;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Huntersldl Would You STFU why you always got to talk **** man he smoked and he did so what quitw Whining like a little whore.

What youre in love with a maxima. if you are then why the **** you buy an intrepid he beat him and he did. its always a Drivers race

Its never the car but the driver is always the factor you idiot :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The tacos may have cost you 99 cents but you probably spent $5.00 in gas just trying to get home. :D

Those Maxima guys won't learn either. They will try it again next time. Watch out for the one's with a 5-speed, they don't lie down like the automatics.

I am pretty sure that your torque spec is 221 lb-ft. ;)

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, huntersdl, I am not saying anything about them racing, but I see no other explanation as to why the second maxima and the camry both peeled out and tried to stay with me, I mean, hey, maybe they felt like accelerating quickly just for the heck of it, maybe they are just mad that they threw away their money on japanese garbage and felt like hitting something, and hey, well, the gas pedal's right there, so they saw it first so they hit, right? happens all the time? Also, I dont know about you, but I cant see through their hood or doors, I dont know what is going on in there. So, yea, maybe they weren't racing, but come on man, its not like I am saying I killed them, and its not like they're Impala's or hell, that they are even SHO's, a race is a race man.
As for everyone who mentioned dropping by, come on by, I've got lots of spots for racing and lots of free time and, oh yea, lots and lots of ricers, so drop me a line and see you there. By the way, thanks wutang15m, I appreciate that. I am IntrepidRookie on the chat if anyone wants to talk.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Excellent Kill Man :D
Don't defend yourself, My sister has a Spyder or VR-4 I'm not really sure which one she has now My Sister's Car VR-4 or Spyder???
It could smoke my ass (if she knew how to drive it)but she doesn't :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts