DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a month ago, I bought a 1999 intrepid. The thing has been leaking since 2 weeks after I bought it. It leaks diferental fluid. It has been to the shop 6 times in the past month, and 3 diffrent shops. I just picked it up Monday from a transmitoin shop, and it is leaking worse. They put on a new gasket, and a new sleal and retainer for the front axil. Like I said, it is still leaking. It has about 70,000 miles on it. Do any of you have any sugestions, or have had a similar leak?:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
964 Posts
These differentials have a habit of leaking out the top vent. There is a TSB which adds a vent tube to the fill plug. I've added this to my 95 LHS tranny. Can you tell where the leak is comming from? Just my $0.02.

FredB

·
Registered
175 Posts
My friends has the same problem, he's looking into it, his is a '96 though it may not be the same.. I'll ask him and get back to you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
68firebird400 said:
My friends has the same problem, he's looking into it, his is a '96 though it may not be the same.. I'll ask him and get back to you!
thanks a lot.

Originally posted by Kyle721 usually just to "bump" the topic back to the top of the page instead of being at the bottom
That is 100% correct

1 - 9 of 9 Posts