Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....a WRX???

After spending an hour on the phone having him talk my head off about the new Neon SRT and how fast and cheap it's going to be...he tells he's gonna buy a WRX.

Man, it's a sad day when a Chyrsler employee isn't buying their own products.

We need a pony car dammit! Bring back the Charger soon!!!!!:baaa:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Performance wise they are bad ass bro. But i think he likes all whell drive which is really really nice in the rain and snow.

I went and test drove it its fast and all but its butt ugly and look like an toyota echo from the back and also its so damn tiny for anyone in the car:crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was really big into the AWD aspect of it. He never was really big into Chrylser cars. Which is too bad, because he gets all the parts super cheap or free!

He has owned a Ram and his wife has a Cherokee, and they liked them. He actually has our Fiero right now. He is doing the finishing on it, then I'm buying out his part of it. He doesn't want anything to do with it anymore, he has too many cars lying around.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tell him to be patietn the STI WRX IS comming out 270 hp and also the Lance Evolution.

WHen i saw it in person its really ugly.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
well as things seem to be going the import market is taking over and tests show that they are very good. I tihnk on the last car and driver top 10 list, from all the nominees that go for the test only 3 were american, all the rest were imports. Not exact on the numbers but it was something rediculous like that. Myself I was born on american and that import is bad.

·
Registered
990 Posts
It's a shame =(

It's really a shame though how people are making our country go to **** to support the japs, germans,etc. THIS IS AMERICA! Who cares if the cars are made here.. that doesn't help our economy any if the $$ is going to the other countries.. GET IT TOGETHER FOLKS! This is just plain disgusting.. Yea.. there soo reliable.. lol.. all I have to say to that is keep wishing.. on the way home from my lunch hour today.. seen 3 brand new foreign cars broken down on the side of the road.. & the first one I seen was supposed to be the most reliable car over the Intrepid according to Car & Driver.. BS! Can anyone guess what it was?? no? It was a TOYOTA CAMRY.. 2nd one.. Honda Accord, third? Honda Oddesey.. & there sooo reliable.. hmmm.. haven't seen one Intrepid broken down on the side of the road except once since they started making them.. So.. u be the judge.. I know I am.. I WILL NEVER EVER support any other country with their junk for cars.. except Chrysler.. of course there made in Canada.. but have relatives who live/from there. so I make an exception to that rule.. & hey.. at least they don't sound like crap at 70,000. or 2 years old.. My grandmother who has a TINY itsy Toyota Paseo, no power, sounds like crap, Aunt who has a Toyota Land Cruiser, she also hates it.. drove my car the first time, fell in love.. so everytime we go out.. she wants to take/drive my car over her POS. Now.. Father has a 1986 Ford Thunderbird/Chicken :tongue: 300,000 miles still going. Mother 1987 Chevy Caprice Classic 150,000 still going, Uncle, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda, 200,000 still running, good shape (but restoring it to 100% original as we speak) so take my point, comments, feelings as you wish.. but it's proven in black & white, plus have many other facts to share if any of you care to hear the truth about them cars.. & think that I'm wrong for what I'm saying.. ok.. enough about that for now.. sorry for typing such a long post.. but it really pisses me off.. can't you tell? :D :mad:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny thing is, my brother is like me...he's had a thousand cars and all American! (we were raised with Ford blue blood running through our veins.)

He wants to get something that is powerful, somewhat inexpensive and practical and has AWD. Really, I guess the Sube is his only choice unless he wants an SUV, which he doesn't.

Oh well, at least I can rag on it when he gets it. I want to see how fast these babies are in person.:devil:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Canada and the USA are the same with the auto industry, just when you get into Mexico and everything else.. thats where the trouble is. Chrysler, GM and Ford are the American cars,

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I remember reading something from JD Power and Associate's site.......a 2001 Initial Quality study or something like that. They showed the number of initial problems per 1000 vehicles, I believe.

One thing I do remember for sure on that was Chrysler had fewer initial problems than Toyota, VW, and others I can't remember, and the same number as Honda.

If anyone can find this report on the Internet somewhere, look for yourself.... and post a link to it.... I'd like to read it again. :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I agree with Paul . . . Personally, I will never purchase an imported vehicle. American cars, though they are no longer produced exclusively in the U.S., offer everything I want or need.

I guess I am old-school in that I was raised on buy American also, and I don't care how good or "reliable" imports get.

One more thing - IMHO the WRX is not at all inexpensive. I went on the Subaru website and chose a WRX with the options I would want and the total came to over $35,000.00!!

Keep in mind this was without tax and registration either. Definitely not as good of a deal as Subaru would lead you to believe.

If I am correct that amount of money could put someone in a different class of vehicle altogether.

Caveat emptor!!

:crazy: :cry: :bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I think everyone is forgetting DC is not an american company. It is a german company. The only good thing is there are no profits to send to germany. My new Altima is more american than my wifes PT cruiser(Altima built in U.S and PT built in mexico). If you do really want to buy american buy a ford or GM, not a DC product.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If don't want to buy a Subura, don't buy any GM products in the future...many of their future products are based on Subura platforms or use alot of Subura parts.

Anyway, once he gets it, I'll let you know how it is. Who knows?? Maybe I'll like it. Though I don't know. :bored:

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think everyone is forgetting DC is not an american company. It is a german company. The only good thing is there are no profits to send to germany. My new Altima is more american than my wifes PT cruiser(Altima built in U.S and PT built in mexico). If you do really want to buy american buy a ford or GM, not a DC product.
Question I have is.. why do u say the only good thing when u bought a pos jap crap altima?? I mean come on.. Altima? What a stupid car name.. at least ours has some significant meaning behind it.. INTREPID=Fearless.. which I think is perfect for it's style, class and power. AND BY THE WAY THE ALTIMA COPIED THE MONTE CARLO'S TAILIGHTS BUT JUST ADDED AMBER SIGNAL lights instead of red like chevy's.. gee.. maybe because they couldn't come up with there own idea??? no not them ..
Also, Kicked an altima's ass the other night in a race.. & no it wasn't a base model I checked.. Well guys.. here we go again.. another Dumb American Citizen.. Might as well just move to Japan or Korea to support those people.. They must be laughing at all you jerks who are going out & buying there FUGLY boxy POS... then 3/5 years down the road or 70,000 miles need a new one.. Ever hear a 2/3 year old Jap **** sound good at that many miles/age? Not me EVER! but whatever.. you'll be SORRY!!!! LOL!!!!! & I'll still be driving my Trep when ur trading yours in.. hopefully for an AMERICAN CAR because YOU LIVE IN AMERICA!!! :angry:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Are you going to move to Germany with your German car? The Market is different its a world market. Nissan is a perfect example, 3 years ago they were almost bankrupt. Then they refocused thier company and worked on product design and cost control with renault. This is what DC needs to return to profitablity. The had some great concepts before the boneheads in germany stepped in. Now whats in the future? I have always driven Chrysler products but they have nothing fresh and exciting. Maybe in the future I will buy another DC product but not now. As for beating an Altima no way not a v6 model. No stock Intrepid can keep up to Altima 3.5.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Beat a Altima 3.4 V6 240 hp yeah keep dreaming you wouldnt even keep up with even the automatic

You must of been smoking some weed i test drove that car 3 times 2 times the automatic and 1 time the manual. So dont tell me i dont know:baaa: :baaa: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
That wasn't fair once you lit the rockets. Thats what it would take to beat an Altima 3.5.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Maybe you did bro i never know. But you watch some one is going to come in this topic.

ANd you know who LHSER he is going to bring you stats 1/4 runs 0-60 times and say its going to smoke our car.
some people just dont give up i guess.

The manual is fast but from what i know the automatic runs 7.3 or 7.4 so youre possible:biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.