DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
It could just be the picture, but the wheels look pretty dirty. Other than that, looks pretty darn good.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Car is looking good! Keep up the good work. I hope someday to own those special rims.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The one at my yard did ( don't know if they all do though)...couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Later 2nd gens came with the 3.5.
intrepid_luvah's has an ES with a 2.7l... I dont think i can trust buying a ES from canada.i'll be in for a big surprise when i lift the hood.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
I have 2 ESs both with 3.5, I think it was a pre-00 option to get the 3.5,but after that it was standard. ( but don't quote me ) I'd still have no problems with buying a 2.7.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I love my 2.7l...it looks like an ES tho :biggrin: ..but i dont like how slow they are from the get go. I hope am not hi-jacking this thread... shud be carried ver to the late night whore thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah it's from canada.... i knew the guy i bought it from.... it didn't drive it at all.... it only had 43000 miles on it.... you should have been there when i got the plates and insurance... They was like are you sure it's not a dodge... i'm like yeah i'm sure...... It is a 2.7... with auto stick.... Yeah the rims are dirty cause i drive it to work..... haven't cleaned them for like a week..... thanks for saying it looks good... i want to put a cold air intake on it and a flowmaster muffler or cherry bomb.... i will post more pictures later wife took camera with her on her trip..... i install a pioneer deck...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
intrepid_luvah's has an ES with a 2.7l... I dont think i can trust buying a ES from canada.i'll be in for a big surprise when i lift the hood.
sorry but intrepid_luvah has an R/t with the 3.5

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The one at my yard did ( don't know if they all do though)...couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Later 2nd gens came with the 3.5.

98 - 01 ES' had 2.7L's (200HP) with 3.2L's (225HP) as optional equipment........there are a LOT of them with the 2.7L here.

'02 - '04 ES' had the 3.5L low output (234HP), unless you got the SXT package which gave you the high output (250HP) option.

Don't be fooled by the numbers though, the 3.5's have much flatter power curves than the 2.7's, resulting in over 1 second difference in 1/4 mile times. The 3.2's are about 0.8 seconds slower than the 3.5's due to the power curve as well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
sorry but intrepid_luvah has an R/t with the 3.5
Yea i know he now has a 3.5 but he had a red 2.7l se that died and then he and his dad purchased a silver 2.7l ES.. am sure the thread about it is still lurking around.. and then he got an R/T for himself recently

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
98 - 01 ES' had 2.7L's (200HP) with 3.2L's (225HP) as optional equipment........there are a LOT of them with the 2.7L here.

'02 - '04 ES' had the 3.5L low output (234HP), unless you got the SXT package which gave you the high output (250HP) option.

Don't be fooled by the numbers though, the 3.5's have much flatter power curves than the 2.7's, resulting in over 1 second difference in 1/4 mile times. The 3.2's are about 0.8 seconds slower than the 3.5's due to the power curve as well.
Didnt the ES 2.7 have 201 HP?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts