DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver window isn't working starting from today.
Do you guys know how much do i need to fix that?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Its probably just a bad switch. You'll need a new "gang switch" either from a junkyard or the dealer. I have no idea how much the dealer one will cost, but you can probably get a junkyard one for around $10-20.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, can i change it by myself?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If you lift up the trim that holds the gang switch down, it should only be a couple of screws and the wire connector in back. 5 minutes tops.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"gang switch"...
let me see where can i find the junkyard in victoria

·
Registered
183 Posts
Check ebay too. The Intrepid, Vision, Concorde andf LHS all use the same switch.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Your contacts inside the switch may have moved out of position. Try giving the switch a wack with your hand, sometimes it's enough to knock it back into place. If that doesn't work put a WTB drivers 5 gang switch in the buy/sell forum.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much.
I will try to find that as soon as possbile.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems that I have misunderstand the meaning the gang switch. I have bought a switch (4 switch to control the windows). I have changed it. But no response. Is that called a gang switch??

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Or, in the evening with the dash lights on, see if they dim a little when you hold the switch. If they do, that means the circuit is drawing current, and the window is probably stuck. Further troubleshooting if they don't requires a voltmeter...
YB, that is one of the wildest sig I've seen of yours yet!!Outasite!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am now trying to take off the door panel first. I have already unscrew some nuts. And now I am going to have the dinner first. I will try to finish it tonight.

I am now reading Chilton in order to locate the screw position.

The window just didn't work after I have gone to Mt. Washington for skiing.

I would like to know how can I check the power of the window regulator??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bongobobny said:
Or, in the evening with the dash lights on, see if they dim a little when you hold the switch. If they do, that means the circuit is drawing current, and the window is probably stuck. Further troubleshooting if they don't requires a voltmeter...
YB, that is one of the wildest sig I've seen of yours yet!!Outasite!!
Okay okay, let me see if the light is dimmer or not.
I was so pleased that there are so many people are now with me to complete this thing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have tried to hold the switch and see if it draws current. Unfortunately, not like other windows, when I hold the switch, the dash light did not dim while while i hold the switch for other windows, the dash light dim. So, that means it is not drawing current. Does that mean I have to change a window motor? I have tried to take off the door panel and located the window motor. Here are the pictures.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Ok next step is to hook up a voltmeter to the two wires going to the motor (motor does not have to be connected) and you should see zero volts at first, and then 12 volts (or thereabouts) when you press the switch. If there is voltage when you command the motor to work (Press the switch) then your motor is shotski. No 12 volts, then I need a schematic for further instructions...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, that's fine. Let me find a voltmeter first.

Cheers,
Bowen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts