DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to taking my car back to the dealer today. Had the tries rotated and oil changed. The good news is that they seem to have done a good job. They really did move the tires, checked the pressure (I knew one was a little low), and I do see a new balance. No leaks so far, no spilled oil that I can spot, and no dirt outside or in the car. He says they checked fluids, belts and brake pads and all is OK. Since I know that's true, I don't know if they checked or not, but have no reason to doubt.

I did ask about the TCM update. He checked and said no updates for my car. I asked for more info on the update but he wasn't sure. I wish we could finally get an answer on what cars the TCM update applies to. Otto???

Since I normally change my own oil, I had most of a case and an extra filter. I asked him to use it, he said no problem. But they didn't They put on a filter that doesn't have a hex top, so it may give me trouble if it's on too tight. No big deal. I'll use the oil soon enough. I guess they needed the $12.20 in "parts". :)

This was my 7,500 mile checkup (actually 8,200). They failed to mention that I should have my air filter changed. I think they should have suggested it. Not a big deal for me, since I'm going to get a K&N anyway.

It's sad that most dealers don't have at least one body man these days. This is a big multi-brand dealer that moves alot of cars. You'ld think they would get a ding coming off the carrier, or a dent in the lot, or a scratch in the showroom. I guess they do, but they just "send it out". I've got 2 minor scratches that I want to fix. It's not like I want it done for free. At least they had the right touch-up paint.

I got the last bottle of antifoam. I think it's the right stuff (see my other thread). I wanted 2, but he said there must be a run on the stuff. Maybe people really do read this forum. :) Should be restocked next week.

I had to wait about an hour and a half. But they did supply free coffee and Dunkin' Donuts. Since I had a 7:00 AM appointment, I was glad to see the coffee. Comfortable lounge with a TV and a bunch of magazines, current newspapers, candy and soda machines, a kids corner, etc.

Total - 58.19 + 9.48 for the paint and antifoam. Not too bad but not a great bargain either. Hey, this is New Jersey...

All in all, I'll give 'em 4 stars. A quarter each off for not doing what I asked with the oil, not recommending the air filter, for not knowing what's going on with the TCM update, and for not even wanting to look at my dings. All very minor points, but for a 5 star rating, they should do this stuff, IMHO.

Maybe I'll give 'em an extra 1/4 star for the coffee, and that great raspberry jelly donut... :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I actually like my dealer, they seem large enough to service me properly but aren't so large that to them you are number. I know what you mean about the body shop thing...I need a new bumper cover put on and when I asked them about it they referred me to the Chevy dealer across the street.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I'm glad you have had success with your dealer. The one here is "5 star" and I have had nothing but problems with them.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yes, I do the service/oil change sometimes at my Chrysler dealership. I do a co-op there and they make sure everything gets checked over, oil spills on a car even on the underside must be cleaned. never done the TCM upgrade check though, always try and rob them for new brakes though, Im surprised at how easaly they say get new brakes, to the customer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts