DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I call her Sophie. I just bought her 2 days ago with a 2.7 V6 and auto transmission. Got it dirt cheap because it has 200,000 miles and owner said the engine was completely gone. She drove it to my house, I gave her cash, she gave me title, and we went our separate ways. I checked car out yesterday and low and behold the engine is perfectly fine. It had a p0303 misfire. So I looked at Cylinder 3 and the spark plug was.. well see the picture. Always loved these cars. The body style is so beautiful. I don't care if it has a 2.7. If it's properly maintained I'll keep it for a long time. Maybe I'll swap a 3.2 or 3.5!

Also, the day after I got the Trep I got my old job back! So funds are coming on my way and I can start fixing her up!

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Welcome to the forums and nice find, but I am kinda scared to know where the electrodes went on that sparkplug. Both seem to be a little far gone to have just been wear. Looks like you already know about the history behind the 2.7 liter engines. I guess the best advice you can get at this point would be to replace the waterpump SOON and in general keep an eye on the oil/coolant levels as well as looking for milky buildup on the bottom of the oil cap (signs of coolant leaking).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums and nice find, but I am kinda scared to know where the electrodes went on that sparkplug. Both seem to be a little far gone to have just been wear. Looks like you already know about the history behind the 2.7 liter engines. I guess the best advice you can get at this point would be to replace the waterpump SOON and in general keep an eye on the oil/coolant levels as well as looking for milky buildup on the bottom of the oil cap (signs of coolant leaking).
That electrode is really scaring me also! When I removed that spark plug it was very loose. I never even had to use a ratchet. Would using a stethoscope be beneficial?

·
Registered
14,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum - that does make you wonder. Is it still around did it get burned up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts