DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I got my '98 Intrepid ES about 2 weeks ago. Dodgeintrepid.net has already provided so much usefull info!
The "Trep" was an anniversary present from my employer for 15 yrs. Of course, I cant complain about anything seeing as this beauty has only 36k on it, and has been garage kept (yes, my boss was the previous owner, and I was with him when he bought it new) I have ALL maint. reciepts, and the Original window sticker! ($27,000 new) What a sweet ride!
Anyway, the only problem I have now is its making a little noise,
kindofa rattle, but more like a buzz when the A/C is on, right at
the begining of acceleration. "sounds" like a heat sheild or a timing belt cover. but only when the A/C is ON.

Anyone ever had this? Is it my compressor? evaporater?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Nope... never had the problem that you described. Welcome aboard though! I used to live in Cecil Field (before It was closed). Where at in Jax are u?

·
Registered
623 Posts
There is a post in how-tos on checking the codes for A/C system. Maybe it can get you some insight.

·
Registered
19,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm still trippin' about this car. Cant sleep at night; afraid someones going to steal my Niches; keep looking out the
window at her; she's sayin "drive me! drive me! just one more
time around the block!"
Anyways, I live in the Five Points area of Jacksonville (Riverside).
My other ride is a '95 Tbird LX 4.6L wich I have driven for about
2 yrs. It is a sweet ride as well (only it has 160k on it). I refuse
to get rid of it! The Tbird has always been a dependable car. And
this being my 1st Dodge, I'm a little leary (I've heard the horror
stories) I have the A/c noise which, I'm sure can be repaired. And
the back windows don't go down. (ALL window motors in this car
have been either replaced or serviced, according to the maint. rec.
that I have. Now they dont work again! (windows on the Ford have never givin me any probs!) (gives me a "Lemony feel") BUT, I'm optomistic, and have to give the "Trep" a chance, because I'm
in love with this car!:)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
458 Posts
welcome
about the horror stories you've heard, dont believe everything you hear. also, all cars are prone to have their own share of problems, its just that we dont here about most of them. and since we're at a LH based forums, the only problems we here are problems with these cars because thats all that on the site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts