DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just picked up my k&n intake this morning...

I'm going to try to install this myself. Mind you that I have NO mechanical experiance whatsoever! but right now I'm going to have get my feet wet. I hope this is not a difficult install. I'll post up more pics along with a vid if I get this done right. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
19,566 Posts
Awesome! You're gonna be real happy. Expect to buy gas more now, not that the intake decreases gas mileage...you're just going to be more inclined to stick your foot in it now. LOL "Vroooooom!!!"

Where'd you buy it, and how much?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Cool mod. Ed is right, I was gettin on it alot more often to hear that intake growl. Its awesome :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys are getting me all giggly inside uuggh I wanna get this done but it just had to PHUCKING(=p) rain....I'll have to wait till the weather gets normal. oh by the way I paid $250 for it at my local auto performance shop. they had to get it ordered. I heard that installing the intake will turn on the CEL. is this true? if so, how do you get rid of that CEL?

·
Registered
758 Posts
i have one on my 2.7 and no CEL so far. ive had it for about a month
installation is really pretty easy, even for someone with no mechanical knowlegde
and yes you will be getting on the gas alot more just to hear the sound

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
No CEL here either. A basic mechanic toolkit would work. Screwdrivers, assorted sockets etc. Easy install.

·
Registered
224 Posts
When you pull the existing cold air box out of the car make sure you lube up the little rubber stoppers that keep it secured to the vehicle. I just used a tiny bit of motor oil on them and after letting it sit for about 15 seconds it just popped right off.

By the way HERE is the link to the product page. You can download the installation instructions!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
well I FINALLY got it installed. even though I burned myself with the cats a few times I still managed to install it! here are the pics but just to let you know these pics were before I put on the heat sheild. (which was the hardest part IMO). I was just eager to hear the sound and again guys I have NO mechanical experiance WHATSOEVER!

pics with the heatshield will come soon and I also have a vid for you guys later on

BTW you guys were right! I am spending more money on gas now because I have my foot the ground constantly just to hear the sound. I love it! I REALLY notice a difference in acceleration, my tires actaully screech when I floor it from stop...it never used to do that before!! and I'm on a 2.7!!!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Way to go on the first mod!!

now, just remember, this mod "stuff" gets to be very addicting. just look at my sig thread.

·
Registered
224 Posts
sonicrob said:
yeah puzzle get it I REALLY recommend it! you will NOTICE the differance
You're preaching to the choir, my friend. Have had two vehicles prior with a K&N kit in them. Just a matter of scraping the needed cash together so I can hit the trifecta.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts