DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so figured I'd tell a bit of a story. Now Saturday night, one of my best friends showed up to a party I was at. She suggested we go to pick her friend up, and head to Kirkwood Park for the Rock Away Hunger Concert. I say "alright lets do it." So for the longest time ever, I follow her Honda Civic EX 4 door. Now the roads we went on were 2 lanes, 1 each through woods. Speed limit 35? Nah not for us. I say we did 50, drafting off each other so to speak.

After being lost for half an hour, we arrived at the park and chilled at the concert. It was after wards I had a little fun. She directs me to the highway and I follow her. Being about 10:30 at night, not many people were on the highway so she decides to floor it, and I immediately followed. I race up past her and get into the lane next to her, this was up to 60. So I see headlights to the side of me, and yep its her Civic givin me a challenge. So I just let it all hang out and floor it. My 94 Trep 3.5L was a rocket compared to her Civic. She was giving me a run for my money, but I topped out about 96 MPH, got into the lane next to the wall and took off.

Wasn't too bad actually, I noticed how well the car handles going as fast as I did. I think the fact that her car was much smaller and lighter was why she could even keep up. Makes me want to challenge her again, this time on the fast 2 lane road in the middle of the cornfield, about 4 miles from here. Good times for sure.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
nice kill. are you saying your trep top's out at 96 or you stopped gassing it at 96?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah highway, I shoulda just kept floorin it, instead of havin her challenge me by even keepin up. Although I shoulda meant to say that when I was speedin on the windy little roads in the woods, it was quite fun. I wonder how it'll do with Eibach lowering kit and possibly new struts.. hmm..:icon_bigg

·
Registered
931 Posts
Wooo-eeee. That reminds me of taking my R/T up to see a friend of mine in Gainesville from Clearwater - took US19 north to SR121 which was two lanes through woods, thats where I never found the limiter of her... had the speedo past 120, I would estimate somewhere in the neighborhood of 135.

Just tonight I had the Benz up to 110 on I-95S near Titusville. Felt like I was going 70.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts