DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ssia!

I was filling up gas today...I opened the fuel door, heard a crunch, and then I saw the fuel door hanging limply from the side of the car. I put the cap back on, and sorta wedged the fuel door in place, and it currently sits kinda cockeyed.

What are my options? Are junkyard fuel doors any good? Is it worth getting one of those billet fuel doors that all the ******* jocks put on their jacked-up Chevy pickups? Is there a super-clean replacement from a comparable car?

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
just hit a yard, a good one cant be more than 5 bucks,,,,, and second gen intrepids are all the same,, so plenty out there

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,985 Posts
^Yep what he said, just find a good one at the boneyard, bolt it on...hopefully you can find the same color.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
^Yep what he said, just find a good one at the boneyard, bolt it on...hopefully you can find the same color.
White!

Unless there are different shades of white :D

But, Chrysler Stone White isn't too hard to replicate.

edited to ask:
Just how hard is it to remove a fuel door?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,985 Posts
White!

Unless there are different shades of white :D

But, Chrysler Stone White isn't too hard to replicate.

edited to ask:
Just how hard is it to remove a fuel door?
There are two torx head bolts visible on the left when you open the door. Remove them, then the assembly will come out.

·
Premium Member
17,328 Posts
For future reference, if the fuel door hinge gets stiff, lube it with some spray lithium grease to free it up and prevent it breaking off.

Was your hinge binding up, or was the hinge still free to move and the door just corroded off?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For future reference, if the fuel door hinge gets stiff, lube it with some spray lithium grease to free it up and prevent it breaking off.

Was your hinge binding up, or was the hinge still free to move and the door just corroded off?
It felt just fine to me...opened and closed nicely. It honestly feels now like the hinge corroded off; the door is fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts