DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have worked so hard to keep the 96ES nice, and all it it takes is one stupid deer to hit the car.

The damage isn't too bad, but I am not sure what I will do with it yet.

My work van may need to be replaced and I am considering trading the trep and van both for a new work van.

I am still deciding what to do, I do love the car, but I am torn as I don't really need 2 treps.

·
Registered
587 Posts
It's never about the 'need' but the 'want'.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Look Out, there's a deer! ----->

Sorry, have always wanted to say that. Still sucks about the dents, but you should really get it fixed and keep it. There isn't enough 1st Gens being posted anymore, it will suck if we loose another one.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
inside the trunk behind the carpet try pushing it out. Or try the Dingking. The dingking works well also. I used it for shopping cart dents. It looks like the dingking would work for the door panel because the dent isnt as deep. But its worth the $30. As for the door take the door panel off inside and try pushing the metal out. Car is in great shape i wouldnt trade it for the world.

Try carrying a shot gun next time. haha. sorry for the dents. It could of been alot worse.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
inside the trunk behind the carpet try pushing it out. Or try the Dingking. The dingking works well also. I used it for shopping cart dents. It looks like the dingking would work for the door panel because the dent isnt as deep. But its worth the $30. As for the door take the door panel off inside and try pushing the metal out. Car is in great shape i wouldnt trade it for the world.

Try carrying a shot gun next time. haha. sorry for the dents. It could of been alot worse.
I have the ding king, and I did use it on my dents. It did help but the dents are just too deep for it to be perfect.

The paint did also get split in a couple of spots from the impact. Its hard to see in the picture.

I will probably take it back to Maaco for an estimate on the repairs, as they did the repaint on the car 4 years ago.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, that's too bad...

But look into the paintless dent repair places - or try it yourself... I'd bet all that but the mirror will just pop out...
I have the mirror repaired from junk yard pieces, but I broke the mirror itself trying to snap it back into the mirror housing. So another yard run is in order.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Damn deer. I cant believe the type of damage they can do. I seen worse on tv with other people getting hit. You were lucky. Im glad you and others if any in the car are ok. Macco is good.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man sorry to hear....

something tells me we are going to have an interesting deer season.......nornally a .30-06 will do the job...but i guess a Dodge can too.....lol
LOL the dodge did the job on that deer.

After it hit us, the thing was rolling in the road, then got up and ran into a parking lot, where it collapsed and died.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn deer. I cant believe the type of damage they can do. I seen worse on tv with other people getting hit. You were lucky. Im glad you and others if any in the car are ok. Macco is good.

Thanks. You are right it could have been much worse indeed. We were lucky the windows didn't break.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts