DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got a very good deal on some car audio, and now i just need some advice on a subwoofer to get. Right now I have some Pioneer 6x9's (TS-A6970R) that I got for $20 from one of my brothers. A Kenwood HU (kdc-mp919) which has the screen that flips around, so its hidden when car is off, which I got for free from my other brother. And for an amp i got a Rockford Fosgate Punch 600aIV(600 watt), which I got for $50. And some eclipse door speakers (SE8355) that I bought at circuit city. So now all I need to do is get a sub, and have no clue what to get. Any opinions?

·
Registered
72 Posts
so, you are powering the sub(s) with the rockford 600aIV (RMS 300x2 @4ohm, RMS 175x4 @2ohms) well, that's a pretty good bit of wattage to work some serious power out of, but of course, it all comes down to how much you want to spend. This is just based on some user reviews that i've run across during my own sub search. Alpine type-s for ~$80 at etronics.com. Boston Acoustics G2 are ~$200 at crutchfield.com. MTX T5512-04 at circuitcity.com. Just a few suggestions. I hope this helped a little. I'll try to give a little more input later.

·
Registered
260 Posts
what is your price range? im going to assume that that amp will be for the interior speakers. so you will need an amp to run the sub. what kind of bass are you looking for?

for a cheaper sub for sound quality I would recommend going with a CDT audio classic 10" or 12"s, or a diamond audio 10" or 12", you can pick them up for around $100 and an decent amp for them, maybe a hifonics or a pheonix gold, should be able to pick one up between $100 and $150

for a little more spl and less sq some good relatively cheaper subs would be cerwin vega hd's or vmax (vmax is better than hd's) or some kicker comps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Buy yourself a Alpine Type R for 150.00 bridge for 600W RMS and pound your brains out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts