DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey whats up guys, i just bought this new cowl induction piece for my hood and i wanted everyones opinion on it since my girlfreind hates it and i love it and i havent seen anyone doing much with their hoods. i just got it yesterday it was about 80 bucks and will be painted the same color as the car, im also painting my rear center reflector bar the vent shades and the light covers the same color as the car as soon as i get the money from the insurance company to fix the fender bender the car was in a few days ago. so tell me what you think, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh come on

i hear **** about the damn rt badges everyday in here but when someone sees me on the street they compliment me for them so i think ill just have to live with the negetive remarks here in cyberspace lol thanks for checking it out it should look good when its done.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yea

i forgot to tell you that i have real rt badges coming they were 35 bucks a peice so the car will have real rt badges so you wont be able to call them fake

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Yeah, then we will be able to just call it a fake R/T, a poorly executed one at that.

BTW, that isn't a cowl induction hood. It is a "ram air" type. Cowl induction has the "scoop" at the rear of the hood facing the window. It draws air through the vacuum created there when air passes over the hood at speed.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I think they look pretty good. Post some pics when you get them painted and installed. I'm guessing you just sat them on your hood to take the picture?

Are they going to be functional?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
booo ****in hooo

hey lhser i forgot how nice your car is lol. i said it so many times before i guess ill have to say it again I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK, you dont see me talking **** about your weak ass lhs grandma car do you **** LOL. I dont talk **** about other peoples rides because i see it as me being jealous of them hmm think about that one. anyway no those scoops wont be functional they are just for looks and they will be painted, if you look at the pic good enough you can see the damage to the drivers side hood and fender so when i get the insurance money it will be done.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
if you and LHSer raced, i'd put my money on the LHS.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I like the rear wing... looks much better than the stock RT wing and I like the ES rims better than RT.

In the looks department your car blows away an RT. In the speed dept... ah it's only 20hp diff... that's not much.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I believe he has to repaint his hood anyways to fix the body damage. Seems like a good time to have it all done.

To be honest, you should try to make them functional....now that would be cool.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks

well thanks for the positive remarks and the negetive ones help too. those scoops will be put on with 3m tape and the hood will be repainted as well as the front nose peice, the fenders and the doors. id race a 1 gen lhs any day of the week and twice on sunday, my parents had a beige 94 lhs and it wasnt too bad but i would hesitate to race it lol. the car will also be sporting some 18 inch momos real soon so it should look sweet but i suppose certain people will have something negetive to say about it. as for engine mods im gonna go with some type of custom cold air set up, better plugs and wires and whatever else i can find so briing it on lhser lol.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Challenging people for a race over the internet? How lame. :rolleyes:

To continue with that lameness, I'd race you. Everyone knows that 1st gen 3.5Ls walk all over 2nd gen 3.2Ls. As you would say "bring it on rtclone lol."

(Methinks you should have spent the money on English lessons and a dictionary rather than tacky hood scoops.)

·
Registered
562 Posts
i am throwing on the waders. This **** is getting deep :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think the scoops look alright.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you're getting the hood repainted, WHY wouldn't you get the scoops bolted on, filled in etc etc.. you know.. custom job.....?

Forget the 3M tape..

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WHAT ID LIKE TO DO

Thats what i would like to do but the body man says that the scoops are fiberglass and the hood is metal so he couldnt mold them together dont ask me why but thats what he said

1 - 20 of 58 Posts